Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering the Centramatic wheel balancers, but am concerned as to whether they fit on the ABS model Wings. I have read they also look pretty shabby, so then I would likely want to put a set of rotor covers on, but my bike also is the airbag model so Kuryakin says the rotor covers won't fit an airbag model. Does anyone know why they won't fit? I assume there must be a sensor or something that prevents their use. I suppose the balancers could be painted somehow to make them look nicer if there is no way to use a rotor cover. Anybody have any ideas?:confused:

·
Registered
691 Posts
I would rather go with properly ballanced wheel/tires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They fit both airbag and ABS. I have a friend with the Airbag model and likes em. I have the ABS and I like mine. Good Luck, you can't have mine. Buzz

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I've just been hearing so many good things about them I thought I'd check with the forum (outside of the finish that is). My wheels were nicely balanced from the factory so no issues there, just thinking of the future when I need new tyres.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Has anyone found a better price than $249.00 offered by Wingstuff? I have a 2010 Wing and would like to improve my ride, it that's possible...but that's a hefty price. How long does it take to install the balancers on a Wing, anyone know? Thanks, appreciate any info from you riders that have bit the bullet and installed the item.

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
If your interested in a used set, I can check and see if my friend sold his yet. They will not balance tires by themselves, you still need to balance your tires. He tried them without balance and he couldnt ride the bike untill I balanced them for him and I left the centramatics on it. He bought a new bike 6 months later and kept the centramatics and chose not to put them on his new bike. IMHO If you have a perfect balance they may not be noticable for what they cost new.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually sprung for a set of the stainless ones from Wingstuff. I'll be installing them when I mount the new front 709 and changing out the rear wheel. I'm looking forward to not having anymore ugly weights on the wheels.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I actually sprung for a set of the stainless ones from Wingstuff. I'll be installing them when I mount the new front 709 and changing out the rear wheel. I'm looking forward to not having anymore ugly weights on the wheels.
Budoka,
Let me know how that works out for you with no weights, as I posted above it didnt work for me, I still had to balance them with the centramatics on it. I have my own shop and am anal about vibrations in the ride, so I do most repairs myself and take time when I balance to get it perfect.
Greg

·
Registered
198 Posts
I just installed a set on my 010 Wing. As far as looks you really can't see them unless you are looking for them. The ride seems smoother but at low speeds or just taking off there is a slight wobble. That isn't too bad but I would prefer none. What I want to see is if there is a improvment in tire wear. 11,000 miles on the original front tire and 8,000 on the next with dyna beads. Time will tell but as of right now I'm not happy with them. I only rode about 60 miles but I'm leaving for Colorado pullingh my trailer first week in June. Like I said time will tell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts