Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone actually used these and can say weather they work or help improve the ride thanks

·
Super Moderator
28,508 Posts
We have many members who use the Centramatics and yield 20k+ mileage

And before one of them chimes in we also have members who run Car Tires on the rear and Bridgestones BT45 on the front, the Stone is actually a Sportbike rear tire.

Back to the Centramatics question, many guys use them and like them.

Reactions: dwade and dsurley

·
Premium Member
3,912 Posts
I've got them and they work for me. I immediately noticed a smoother ride and I don't have to play around worrying about balancing a new set of tires. They are pricey but worth the money.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've used them on my '06 wing for at least 8 yrs now. They work. Now that the wing has been triked, they are only on the front tire because they are not available for the rear.

·
Super Moderator
14,564 Posts
I also added them at my first tire change back in 2010 at around 14,000 miles. I believe they helped my tires last longer and I have gotten 20,000 miles out of multiple sets of Dunlop E-3's. The Bridgestones don't last as many miles but I've gotten 16,000+ out of a few sets. I have 152,000 on the odometer.

The biggest problem is getting them NOT to add balance weights anyway when I get a tire changed.

Reactions: Luv2fish

·
Administrator
25,924 Posts
I'm a believer in them. Over 3 years and nothing but good things to say about ride and tire wear.

Reactions: Luv2fish

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone actually used these and can say weather they work or help improve the ride thanks
Agreed! Many guys really like them, my issue is the cost , nearly $300 for a set. I use dyno beads, ceramic balancing beads, ...the cost ~ $30 (4oz - 2 oz front/ 2 oz rear) and re-useable if you can capture the beads. I normally buy new beads when replacing tires. Everyone says the tires run less hot with the beads. ...as you can see you can purchase 10 set of tires before breaking even with the Centramatics. In theory it is the same technology concept.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
I know this tread is 3 mo old but I wanted to report my findings and comments. I thought these were very costly and I saved for a while and finally bit the bullet and bought a set for my 2008.

I had new tires installed Saturday along with new brakes and a fluid flush. I have to say these things are fantastic! I don't know how to describe it but I had a little rocking motion going down the road. Nothing earth shattering but not really smooth. I though this was just the way a 2008 Goldwing rode and I never worried about it.
I would get 12K from my rear tire and the front tire would last 2 seasons. I use Stones.

I could not believe how smooth my bike is now after the install. They make a little noise when you first start riding and get up to 35 or a little faster then the noise stops. The noise is from the beads inside finding their spot.

Anyway anyone thinking of putting these on your Goldwing, you won't be sorry. I'm not!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts