Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone? I like the idea of continuous dynamic balancing as the tires wear, age, etc.

Barry

·
Premium Member
3,912 Posts
I put them on several years ago and love them. They are pricey but once you get them it is so easy to change tires and keep them balanced throughout the life of the tire. I can't say that I get better mileage out of the tires but I do feel it is a smoother ride.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
14,564 Posts
Of course Lee!

I put Centramatics when I changed tires the first time back in 2010. I noticed a smoother ride right away. I believe they have extended the mileage of the tires as I regularly got 20,000 miles out of many sets of Dunlops. I'm sure you could get the same out of using beads in the tires, but I haven't had to mess with that. For me, they are a very good product and I will do it again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I put the Centramatics on my Wing a couple of years ago, mostly due to positive feedback from others on this site. Am I happy with the results? You bet I am. Further, I then bought a set for my 2012 Ford F250. On that truck I have never been satisfied with the balancing of tires. The tire shop (Discount Tire) uses the latest and best balancer there is, but I always seem to have a little bit of unbalance that shakes the truck. It might be that the brake discs are out of balance, or some other rotating thing, but it has never been smooth. So on with a set of Centramatics, and viola! Smooth as glass. On a smooth road, it feels like a Lincoln. I was so impressed that I then bought a set for my camper trailer. They do work as advertised. And yes, my Wing rides along smooth as glass.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anyone? I like the idea of continuous dynamic balancing as the tires wear, age, etc.

Barry
My current bike (2017) is the first time I've had them on. I got 10K out of the factory tires and am at 15K on a set of Dunlops with at least 25% more to go. In the past I've usually replaced them a 6K due to cupping rather than wear. At $600 a set installed I feel I've already paid for the balancers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts