Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had new E3s installed today and new tires alone are a joy... but I also had the box of centramatics that I had lying around for almost a year installed as well. I know it's hard to judge what benefit one adjustment or addition gives... but I have to say.... I think the Centramatics may have a powerful effect in the handling of my 'Wing. Granted, I have not ever had a pair of Dunlop E3s on before - and this it the first time of tire replacement on my 'Wing, but I have always loved the first ride on a new pair of Metzler 880's and I can tell you my motorcycles have never responded to a fresh set of skins - like the response I got today on my first ride with the new E3s and the Centramatics. I believe the Centramatics really may make a real difference. The motorcycle acted like and felt like it was glued to the road and on a rail! Performance wise on the curves - best ride I have ever experienced. And it is hard to explain, the motorcycle feels similar to that feeling you get when you hold a gyroscope - for want of a better term. Remember those orange sized plastic spheres we used to see back in the 60's and 70's; you would twist and turn it by rotating your wrist to get it spinning ... and then just hold on to it and it gave resistance - remember those things? Well, I don't know any other way to relate it - but the front end always seems to be stabilizing itself. Yet the ride though a curve was the most stable and authoritative I have ever experienced.

The guys at the dealer thought I was nuts when I took them in for installation - but then said "let us know..." That was after admitting they had watched the video on the website I gave them. They had no clue abut these things and were very skeptical.

Anyway - best ride ever and I do mean ever!

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Considering most shops balance a tire by hand spinning them on a pole and marking the heavy spot as it drops towards the ground, I would say the Centramatics are probably the best balancing act going and ongoing as the tire wears. I'm running on the Dyna- Beads not because I want to be but because I didn't want to tell a white lie to Mz. Vickie by claiming that a car tire must be used in conjunction with the Centramatic Balancers.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
chop that would be a bald faced lie for sure;) one that you'd get caught on! Mine go on for spring when the winter's done, and I'll report my findings aobut the feel with the new 'stone on the front too.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm telling ya.... I just can't get enough of this motorcycle now. Through curves - it's like it is on a rail!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts