Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the forum last week, didn't think I would be back so soon! Thought I would share an issue which came up yesterday whilst riding towards a strong electrical storm in NC. Having parked up to let the severe lightning and rain go through, my riding pal and I decided to get our wet weather gear on; I used the key fob to open the trunk, and placed the fob and key inside the trunk, unlocked. As the rain became torrential, I just shut the lid, unlocked, and put the gear on under shelter. That's the boring bit; back to the bike, 2 minutes later, it had locked itself completely, my keys wallet and phone inside the trunk, deep joy.

100 miles home on a trailer, and a long chat with the dealership this morning. The only conclusion is that (perhaps) the severe lightning triggered a power surge through the lock system , shutting it down.

Ok, carry some spare keys, but a steep learning curve!

Ride safe,

Stonge

·
Registered
405 Posts
I had a similiar thing happen to me on a clear day. There is something about it automatically locking unless the key is used. Need to check out the owner's manuel.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Can't remember exactly how it works but I think if you POP the trunk open with the FOB it is still locked, If you unlock it then pop it open it will stay open. Good reason to hide a spare key on the bike somewhere. Lots of good hiding places on it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Key/trunk FOB instructions

:D
Can't remember exactly how it works but I think if you POP the trunk open with the FOB it is still locked, If you unlock it then pop it open it will stay open. Good reason to hide a spare key on the bike somewhere. Lots of good hiding places on it.
You are correct. The remote opens, locks & unlocks so be sure to UNLOCK before you open to leave the keys & remote in the trunk.
Also a hide a key is a good idea too.
Ride Safe & smart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts