Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi my name is Rod and i am no longer in denial.I am addicted to riding a Goldwing motorcycle and my shrink told me there will be more people with this same problem on this forum so i signed up.Hope we can help each other.Thank you.

My shrink told me to show my face so here is a picture of me and my addiction.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
Hi Buckfarrack (please give us the story of your handle!) and welcome to the GWOF. I'm a former Illini myself.

When it comes to Wing addiction, the first step is admitting that you DO NOT have a problem! By the way, is that an '85 Aspy? See my avatar. Have fun, brother! Oh yeah, and take your shrink for a ride!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Buckfarrack (please give us the story of your handle!) and welcome to the GWOF. I'm a former Illini myself.
Oh,bout forgot,i'm suffering from dyslexia too.
When it comes to Wing addiction, the first step is admitting that you DO NOT have a problem! By the way, is that an '85 Aspy? See my avatar. Have fun, brother! Oh yeah, and take your shrink for a ride!
It's an 84 aspy.I put a car alternator on it in May/12 and rode it to Texas in June.Got 6800 miles on the alt conversion without TOUCHING IT!

You being a former Illini,then you know ALL about the chitcago machine.Happy trails buddy!

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF.
You don't have to be crazy to hang around here, but it helps.

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
Oh yeah, Man, I grew up in Cook County! What might be interesting to non-Chicagoans is how it got the way it is, and has been for 60- 70 years.

When the Feds (Elliott Ness and all) got Al Capone out of the way, the politicians in Chicago simply adopted his business model, as it was a successful one, and with the force of government behind it. See my signature. Payoffs, patronage, voter fraud, violence when necessary, etc. I grew up with William Daley Sr. in charge of the city, and I DO mean in charge. The only difference between him and Capone was that Al was Italian-American and Daley was Irish-American. Otherwise, similar guy and similar tactics.

As the wicked witch of the west said, "What a world; what a world!"

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Glad you are part of the group.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts
Rod in looking at your picture I see that your Dr is correct. Yes you are addicted to Goldwings I recognize that glare over the eyes.

We can help with that issue here at the GWOF. However I fear it may always linger.

Welcome to the forum from PA.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
I concur Dr. welcome to the forum

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
hello rod, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Welcome to the forum.....

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Welcome Rod, don't worry about the Dr's words. We don't don't start our discussions around here with "Hi, my name's ***** and I'm a Wing-aholic":D We might just be, but around here it's a good thing:cool:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Another former Illini here, more central though! Welocome to the group and yep, you do have that glare in your eyes. Welcome to the group!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Oh man! I'm repeating myself....I think I have a problem....:eek:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Welcome Rod at least you dont have (MBS) yet but hang around here for a while and you and your shrink will have lot to discuses. Oh by the way MBS = multiple bike syndrome . Hal

·
Super Moderator
9,997 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Nice looking Wing.. Ride safe and enjoy..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank ya'll for the warm invite!

Welp,wife and i will be gettin on the ole Wing Friday morn and takin a little trip to Parkersburg,Wv. and follow the river on down towards Cinncinnati.Been two months since we got back from south Texas,and just gotta go on another mc trip.See y'all when we return!

·
Premium Member
6,715 Posts
Hello & welcome from VA.

Mark

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.