Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow, we Central people are sure AWOL lately! Where is everyone?

I live next to Peoria, IL and ride with Chapter Z of GWRRA, along with STAR 482 (STar Touring) the local BMW guys and oh, just about anyone else that will have me.

Weather hasn't been good for winter riding much, but I try to get out when can.

Spring can't come quick enough.

What is everyone doing to prevent PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome).:)

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
not much other than going to work

·
Registered
300 Posts
North of you

Hey Don,
I'm about 30 miles north of you near Wheaton. I feel your pain about not being able to ride here in IL. Even in March the weather is so "iffy" I haven't gotten my trike out of storage yet. But today is/was so nice I really thought hard and long about it. Did yard work instead!! I watched a LOT of u-tube riding videos. Made me jealous!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maestro,

Wheaton is about 130 miles northEast of me, not 30! I just got back from a week in Florida with the Wing, my wife and her Shadow and two other couples (2 bikes each). We had a blast, rode for at least 700, maybe 800 miles without trying too hard.

Going to be in the Peoria St. Pats parade tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
so does that mean you'll be back on the forum more often

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Going to be in the Peoria St. Pats parade tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Say hello to my kinfolk in Peoria.;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey Don,
I'm about 30 miles north of you near Wheaton. I feel your pain about not being able to ride here in IL. Even in March the weather is so "iffy" I haven't gotten my trike out of storage yet. But today is/was so nice I really thought hard and long about it. Did yard work instead!! I watched a LOT of u-tube riding videos. Made me jealous!!
I'm about 6 miles WEST of YOU, betweeb W. Chicago and Winfield. New member, just signed up, bought a used GL1800 3 wks ago.
Steve F

·
Registered
300 Posts
Winfield

Steve,
Where would that be? I am just off of Prince crossing rd. Near Geneva Rd. about a mile west of the Winfield post office and CDH. Let's get together and ride sometime.
P.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just following up. Still in Peoria IL area, still with Chapter Z of the GWRRA, still have my '04 Wing. Getting in some good miles since the super hot weather went away, although this Thurs/Fri (9-1,2) look to be hot, the holiday weekend is looking good. Will try to get away for a modest ride or two this weekend.

Everyone have a good holiday and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
8,467 Posts
You Guys are Killin' Me! I'm about 400 miles northwest of you and grew up in South Chicago (Markham,) and Sarasota, FL. Know how our weather in MN is? Not riding weather yet. I'm happy for you, but please quit whining about rain, at least. Grrrr.

Tatanka

·
Premium Member
8,467 Posts
Dynodon,

Yes, our Central Region forum has been pretty dead; I confess to a bad case of PMS myself! But I reckon the reason people aren't more active on the forum is because we're active in our shops, getting our bikes and gear ready, and it's gettin' close.

Supposed to be very nice over the next week. Hope you get a good dose of nice weather and some quality riding time. I lived at least 13years of my life in IL, and there are some very nice places to ride, around Starved Rock, the Illinois and Mississippi Rivers, and down around the Ohio, too. Hope to visit my old home state this summer, mixing business with pleasure! Safe riding!

Tatanka

·
Registered
105 Posts
Dynodon,

Yes, our Central Region forum has been pretty dead; I confess to a bad case of PMS myself! But I reckon the reason people aren't more active on the forum is because we're active in our shops, getting our bikes and gear ready, and it's gettin' close.

Supposed to be very nice over the next week. Hope you get a good dose of nice weather and some quality riding time. I lived at least 13years of my life in IL, and there are some very nice places to ride, around Starved Rock, the Illinois and Mississippi Rivers, and down around the Ohio, too. Hope to visit my old home state this summer, mixing business with pleasure! Safe riding!

Tatanka
Give us a hollar if your making it to Southern IL and we can ride to some of the hidden gems down here.
Greg

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey dude when are we going out for a ride?
Mark, Can't find where you live? There is a ride Saturday (tomorrow) up Route 66. A few of us are taking off from Goodfield, IL at 9am (exit 112 on I-74 between Bloomington and Peoria). WE will ride over to 66 and go up, stopping along the way several times, and doing the museum tours in Pontiac, and get lunch somewhere along the way.

Join us?

Otherwise (since that is SHORT notice) let me know what times you have available and I can get away most days.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey there BRKY! I'm from Washington up by Peoria. The wife and I ride down towards Havana several times a year.

Also wonder if any of you from IL will be at Niehaus cycles in Litchfield for their big party this Saturday or Sunday! I will be around the STAR Touring tent helping sell tickets for a raffle for a nice bike trailer (tow behind) so if you like raffles, and need a trailer, it all goes for charity, so look us up! WE will be there about NOON.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts