Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a 03 1800, are there supposed to be rubber pads on the ends that touch the road?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Nope, just metal.

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. DK is correct. Just metal...

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info

Now all I have to do is try to get it up on the stand. Not to easy on a smooth garage floor. Watched a video looked alot easier than reality

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Now all I have to do is try to get it up on the stand. Not to easy on a smooth garage floor. Watched a video looked alot easier than reality
I know what you mean.....The key is to:
1. Make sure you use your heal and not your foot.
2. Push the stand to the ground and straighten the bike until it balances on the stand. Feels like your going to push it over, but your not.
3. Once you get it balanced its ready to straighten the leg and pull.
Good Luck

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello nypd, welcome to GWOF. put more effort into pushing down with your leg than pulling up with your arms and it will pop right up on the stand

·
Registered
16 Posts
Make sure front wheel is perfectly squared up. Right hand on passenger grip, don't lift with hand much at all.Tip bike up to center it on center stand posts. Push down!! on foot pedal!!!!!. Bike will pop up pretty easily with a little practice. I weight 160 and can do it with my 1500.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Having your rear preload setting at 25 really helps. Also, if you make the switch to a larger 70 series tire when yours wears out, it will help tremendously. I agree, sometimes my bike just doesn't want to go up on the center stand without a fight.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the tips.

Thanks for the tips, once it stops raining, I'l give it a try

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
I have a bad back and found putting a piece of 1/2 to 5/8 inch wood under the back wheel really help. I have a piece secured to the garage floor where I park the bike. also have a small piece in the saddle bag for when I'm on the road.
Try it, it really helps.

·
Registered
35 Posts
:cool: I have a piece of 12" x 14" rubber pad that I place the center-stand legs on to keep them from perhaps slipping. It works for me.;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Another helpful trick for me when I first got my bike was to face slightly forward, rather than at a 90 degree angle to the bike. Made all the difference.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
center stand info

Thanks for all the suggestions, the wood under the back tire worked great as did placing my Wifey with the big mouth on the opposite side of the bike. LOL

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've found that the method of getting the Wing on the center stand for me is:
Left hand on the handlebar (left side of bike), Right hand on the passenger seat grip.
Right foot centered on the center-stand and depressed.
Slowly push the Wing to the right while keeping the center stand depressed until the stand makes contact with the ground.
Once the center stand is in contact with the ground, press down hard on the center stand while pulling the Wing backwards with the right hand (still on the passenger seat grip) until the Wing is on the center stand. You may have to make more than one attempt, but with practice you'll be able to do it in on fluid motion.

Do not attempt to pull the Wing on the center stand by using both hands to pull the bike on the stand.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts