Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Once you get the hang of it, it's not so bad. A little extra air in the rear shock/s help and a piece of wood under the rear wheel is helpful also.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thats the best idea out ron, i got me a plank of timber 8 inches wide and two inches high and champered both ends it works a treat and saves my back,
You should start a rons tip thread!

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Seems a while back one of our Forum members tried to put his 1800 on the center stand with just his socks on his feet. Whooo'd try to do something like that ??????????

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Note: I said he TRIED !!!!!!!:D it didn't didn't work for him. I think that's what he used to get in the IDMWT club.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Thats the best idea out ron, i got me a plank of timber 8 inches wide and two inches high and champered both ends it works a treat and saves my back,
You should start a rons tip thread!
I used a piece of plywood 3/4 thick even carry one in the saddle bag for use on trips.

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Seems a while back one of our Forum members tried to put his 1800 on the center stand with just his socks on his feet. Whooo'd try to do something like that ??????????
Hey now Robertson... That's my pal you're talking about.

Ah ya know what it's ok....He should have known better.:p

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Hey now Robertson... That's my pal you're talking about.

Ah ya know what it's ok....He should have known better.:p
Notice; I said with only socks on his feet. If I recall the original post he said he was only wearing socks, now that embarrassing:eek::rolleyes:

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Notice; I said with only socks on his feet. If I recall the original post he said he was only wearing socks, now that embarrassing:eek::rolleyes:
Great Ron, you know sometimes images can't be unseen after your brain imagines them.:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I watched that video several times Sunday and then went out and tried it. Mine must be filled with lead! I even tried raising the rear shocks all the way. I figure it will take a crane to get mine up. I never was a big fan of center stands, back when I had smaller bikes. I have a 96 Shadow VT1100 that doesn't even have one. I will have to try the wood block trick. If that doesn't work for me then this Wing might as well not have one either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.