Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Goldwing. I have not seen if a cell phone can be interfaced some how... Can someone please tell me if this can be done through the navigation system and into the cable head set. I was thinking that the nav system would have bluetooth. Please lay out what I need to get model # and what I have to hook it to. I am working on getting the bike set up for my trip in June...I would appreciate all the help I can get. I know it has most likely been talked about...I am asking for information that lays out exactly what I need. Thank you for your help..Lee

·
Super Moderator
28,515 Posts

·
Administrator
25,901 Posts
Seems to me that there was also connectivity with the BikeMP3 CB radio that Wingstuff sells. I could be wrong on that though. Quite a few are using bluetooth setups but I'm kind of challenged that way so I have no knowledge as to how they tie in.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My garmin has blue tooth I would have thought blue tooth was on the Nav system ...but it isn't evidently....I was hoping to be able to tie into the system and use the hard wired helmet...

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Well, this gets complicated and in the end, I don't think anyone has come up with a cable dongle that would allow Bluetooth through the Nav system. The only 2 times that the Mic is activated is either in CB mode or Intercom. Mic would have to be activated to talk Bluetooth. There is an item on WingStuff that may do the trick but it is expensive. This is a replacement for your CB with extra features. Here is the link and I have no idea if it works or not. I gave up on this idea a long time ago and decided that I can wait till I stop to check the phone. :)
http://wingstuff.com/products/32869...dio-cb-antenna-combo?context=gold_wing_gl1800

·
Premium Member
23,811 Posts
One of the reason I decided to go wireless on the Wing with the Scala G4 Headsets. It's almost criminal that Honda left out the Bluetooth capabilities on the bike. Darn sure most of their cars have it. I don't have a CB, nor any intentions of getting one that I can see, so plugging into the bike's system as it is would offer me nothing and add a another connect that I'd have to plug and unplug every time I mounted or dismounted. What I need to do is upgrade my phone. I'm still using a flip face.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.