Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1981 has old Tape Player in it

I want to change it to a newer 45 watts CD Player

will that be to much of a drain? i have no light system..i just run headlight and taillight

·
Registered
455 Posts
Forget the antiquated CD, install an MP3 or better. You will be much happier in the long run.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forget the antiquated CD, install an MP3 or better. You will be much happier in the long run.
I just happen to have a nice spare Kenwood CD player I can put in it already without buying anything

Just have to cut the hole where the tape player is

just wanted to make sure it could handle this

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
I just happen to have a nice spare Kenwood CD player I can put in it already without buying anything

Just have to cut the hole where the tape player is

just wanted to make sure it could handle this
lots of goys with older wings upgrade to newer radios like you want to do with no problems but the cd player will be almost useless unless you are parked

·
Super Moderator
9,857 Posts
Volwings, I agree with William on this one. For the cost of an MP3 player and some wiring you will get a much better product without having to deal with cutting, fitting and skipping when you hit a bump. MP3 so cheap to buy today and take up no room. You can put it in your pocket or velcro it to the tank.

But as always, your bike, your choice. Ride safe...

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Just to add to what's been said, with a player like an MP3 you don't have to carry around your own media (discs, tapes whatever). Your automotive type cd will likely work quite well, but won't be weatherproof. Again, your call, but I don't miss those days.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have an 81 wing the tape deck/radio is dead any recomendations on the MP3 system?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have an 81 wing the tape deck/radio is dead any recomendations on the MP3 system?
Generally all you need to do is install (a cigarette lighter) for the FM Transmitter. Connect your player, tune the radio on a channel between 88.1-88.7 and you're good to go using the existing speakers.

The higher $$$$$ transmitter will select the channel for you as the reception weakens.

Not sure in a case where the radio is completely dead. Maybe someone else has the answer. :confused:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put the JVC CD Head unit in ..it has a AUX hookup for an MP3 player so I got a 4 GIG player and it sounds GREAT

anyway the CD player has a wire to hook up to always hot so it will retain its settings

if i hook that up will it be to much of a drain on the battery? or does that take very little power?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts