Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cd changer on my 2004 wing wont eject the cd,i was just wondering if anyone on the forum has any experience with pulling the cd changer from the trunk.any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Lots of trouble with that overpriced CD player fromn Honda, Get an MP3 player and disreguard that CD unit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
6 CD changer problems

2008 GL1800, honda installed, honda item 6-CD changer, bike has 2300 miles on it and CD changer is now cutting out as it plays, but never until it hits track 6 and above. Dealer tried telling me it was dust, but dust should affect every track. Unit working fine up until a week ago. In conjuction with CD display now displaying all white, or starting back up it's "Power on" sequence with the display after about 2 minutes. Wonder if computer chip is failing?
Agree Honda CD player is way overpriced and if that is the reliability I'd agree to dump it and switch to an MP3 player.
Not impressed with Honda warranty or customer service.
Anybody else having similar problems with their bikes?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
There were issues with auto cd changers some years back (made by Bose) but none of my customers have opted for the CD (price usually) so I don't know if there's an issue with them lately. Component problems are a bit of a frustrating thing, Honda says it's the component maker's dime (Garmin, Panasonic, whoever) and if you talk to the maker, it's a Honda contracted thing. Argh.:confused:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Have owned 2 of the honda line by Kenwood. Both would only last for a while but started to jam. Went with mp3 player. They are not easy to remove and expensive to repair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts