Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife has a 1990 and we seem to have a problem between the bikes. I can hear her with no problem on my 05 but she has an issue with hers. At lower speeds is no problem but at highway speeds has a hard time hearing me. The volume on hers is all the way up. Will try and spray contact cleaner in control , just wondering if I am missing something I am not doing right.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
May be a silly question but are you sure she doesn't have the mute switch activated?????

By the way Welcome to the GWOF. You may want to take some time to intro yourself in the New Member section.

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
hello olegray, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
I had the same issue with my 1500, I could receive fine but when transmitting it was very weak and could barely be heard even though the volume on the receiving bike was turned up.

Turns out that there is a transmit chip in the 1500 CB that tends to get weak and eventually goes out. The shop where I took my bike pulled the CB and sent it to Sierra electronics in Ohio where they checked it and confirmed the weak transmit chip. they repaired the CB and returned it for $120.00. Sierra told me on the phone that it is a very common problem on the 1500.

Try the CB with a different headset/Mike first to be sure you don't have a weak Mike but if it is not that then it is probably the chip in the CB.

I hope it all works out for you

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
The placement of the speakers in the helmet has a lot to do with the volume. are the speakers in line with her ears? Also is the CB volume loud when you have it on outside speakers? Is the AVC turned up all the way?

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Could the mute level control have something to do with it. If she has the radio AM/FM on, it may not be muting the AM/FM enough to hear the C/B when it comes on.
Also the placement of your mic can make a difference as well as her in helmet speakers.
Can she hear you when she switchs over to the external speakers ???

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
First thing I would do would be to switch bikes and see how it sounds to you. That could eliminate the bike all together and point to speakers and mic in her helmet. Then if possible try it with her helmet on. Placement of speakers and mic are critical for good hearing as many have already stated. I had a lot of trouble in that area and did everything I thought possible but the problem was solved when I switched from a HJC helmet to a Shoei Neotec. Transferred speakers and mike and where I previously had the volume settings at, went from 14 down to 4. Hope you get it figured out.:)Isaac

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Welcome to the site. Can't add much to what's already been mentioned, so hope it works out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.