Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using an aftermarket setup for there wing. I am new to the GoldWing World. I am Looking for a system to listen to the radio through the helmet and talk back and forth to my passenger. I don't know if this is even possible without the $800.00 Honda CB price tag. If you have something aftermarket I would like to know more about it how it works and if it is worth the money. Late

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome to the Pain

Is anyone using an aftermarket setup for there wing. I am new to the GoldWing World. I am Looking for a system to listen to the radio through the helmet and talk back and forth to my passenger. I don't know if this is even possible without the $800.00 Honda CB price tag. If you have something aftermarket I would like to know more about it how it works and if it is worth the money. Late
As far as I know, there is no alternative to the integrated CB offered by Honda. You can buy it for about $600 from places like Wing Stuff, but it's the only game in town.

Now, if you want to get one that doesn't integrate to the GoldWing's audio system, you can find them cheaper, for sure.

After much searching myself, I decided I wanted to streamlined integration of the Honda unit, so I bit the bullet and got the Honda CB. It hurt, but I don't regret the ability I have to use the CB painlessly (execpt in the wallet).

Good Luck! :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I bought the CB also. 599 plus the Honda antenna. Glad I did. All you need to talk is one finger.....the integration is nice.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Listening to the audio and talking to the passenger has nothing to do with the CB. It's part of the radio/audio system. A good headset and mic from J&M will do the trick.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The headsets make it possible to chat between Rider & co-rider. You can set it to dub right over any music etc you are listening to. It's just part of the wing experience to make your pillon a co-rider.
As far as the CB goes, get it. It hurts to fork out that much but if you do any group rides it's great. Nice to be included in everything instead of just a follower. I got the wife her own combination Volume and push to talk cb control. She likes having that ability.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Not a bad deal but when you factor in the options it comes pretty close in price to the Honda integrated unit. If it functions as well as the factory unit it might be ok.

·
Registered
108 Posts
J & M Corporation makes a handlebar mounted CB for motorcycles. I have one on my 1994 GL1500 Aspencade & it works thru my existing radio & works great. Here is a site address ( http://www.mototourinc.com/) where the CB can be found at a cheaper price than the J & M corp home site. Look under Headsets & Audio. This might be what you are looking for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.