Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am looking to purchase a cb radio for my 2010 and was told by a friend that Sierra Electronics had a good system that also uses only one antannae for both the radio and cb. I called them today to get some information and surprisingly it was a bit like pulling teeth. In any case they will be at Wing Ding and I can get one installed. Does anyone have any experience with these or could recommend a brand as this is an expensive addition?
Many thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Any CB you install on the Wing is going to be expenive if it integrates into the audio system. You can buy add on units for about $150 but you get what you pay for as far as convenience. A Honda CB with antenna runs about $800.

·
Registered
405 Posts
There is a new company: GL2way.com which sells a unit which is integrated for the bike and also has extra connections for other devices. It is priced about $500 which is a substantial savings over OEM. It is getting rave reviews for performance and also for their service over on the gl1800riders.com board. I don't have one but if i needed a CB I would definately be checking them out.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I looked into the Sierra antenna myself this past winter, and still can't decide which way I'll go. I don't think there is a whole lot of gain difference in the Honda CB whip or the combi Sierra one. It's a bike so it's never going to reach more than a couple or three miles anyway. Pretty convenient not having to drill another hole i the trunk and remount my left passenger armrest.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told there is a big gain in reception with the Sierra antannae plus with only 1, you can lower it and still get on the bike when moving it into storage.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
1. The system Sierra is now selling that integrates w/the Wing is the GL2way system.
2. Whether you have one or 2 antennas, using the OEM bases, they both fold.
3. When a splitter is introduced and only one antenna is used for CB and AM/FM, both "suffer" some. Not much, but some.
What ever you choose to do as far as radio and antenna(s), make sure the SWR is adjusted for the best performance for the CB transmit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts