Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here in my first Goldwing. Question on the 2018 and up CB. When I get a transmission it breaks in starting very soft and slowly getting louder over about 3 seconds until it’s at whatever volume setting I have it set for. The problem is this can lead to half the conversation being missed as people don’t normally wait to start talking. Does anyone know of a way to cut out this pause or shorten it?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Newbie here in my first Goldwing. Question on the 2018 and up CB. When I get a transmission it breaks in starting very soft and slowly getting louder over about 3 seconds until it’s at whatever volume setting I have it set for. The problem is this can lead to half the conversation being missed as people don’t normally wait to start talking. Does anyone know of a way to cut out this pause or shorten it?
I have a Cardo Packtalk Black and after posting in another forum was told that this is specific to the Cardo branded headsets and I'd have to switch to Sena or J&M to get this working.
Spoke with Cardo and this is indeed the design of their system. Puzzling design choice on Cardo's part but there isn't a way to fix this on my end so I'll have to switch over to a Sena headset I really hate. Posting this so that if somebody else runs into this in the future they will hopefully be able to understand what is happening.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I can confirm by the way the the Sena 30K I have has no issues with CB on this bike. Works flawlessly and pairs/connects much faster than the Cardo

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Thanks for the follow-through. That is great info and helpful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts