Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally have my new 1800 and am looking forward to riding a bunch when I retire next year. :D

I haven't ridden with Goldwing groups since I had my 1984 Aspencade. Back then, CB radios were pretty much the norm for Wing owners. My new Wing does not have a CB radio. I have been contemplating whether or not to have one installed. Are CB radios still used by the Wing Crowd? I would hate to have one installed and find I can pretty much talk to myself and the only trucker that does not have a cell phone.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
If you ride with a group or even 1 or 2 other bikes I find it a must have. Makes it easy to give directions, or tell them you need a potty stop or just need to stop and stretch your legs, and if your by yourself it can help you pass the time with truckers. You can put it in your self, not that bad of a job. The directions says to remove the trunk but you don't have to do that, you can drill the hole without removing the trunk. You can get a CB from www.wingstuff.com or
http://www.directlineparts.com/ cheaper than you can from any other dealer

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
C.B.

Bigbird, I totaly agree with Joe, I usually ride with two other guys and use the C.B. for all the reasons Joe mentioned plus if you get separated in a big crowd it's really nice plus the lead rider can let you know what's up ahead, It's a good safety feature.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am a member of GWRRA and am active in our chapter in Glendale, AZ. We use CB's all the time when on a group ride. We ride formation with lead and back door road captains. They communicate with each other and the rest of the group to keep us together and safe in the lanes we travel in. Anyone without a CB is placed in the middle of the group so they know what's happening by sight. My first ride was without and that was enough to convince me to spend the coin and get one. I got mine from WingStuff and installed it myself. Well worth it. If I am out on my own I will put it on channel 19 just in case someone reports a road or traffic issue.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your input. That is what I was looking for. I wasn't sure if CB radios were used much anymore, apparently they are. That will be my next purchase, after recovering from the cost of the new bike. I picked up a new pearl white 08. I think I am going to nix the CD changer in favor of my ipod, it is already paid for and will hold more than 6 CD's.:D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes save your money on the CD player. I have heard so many bad things about them that putting almost a $1000. itno one is not in my future either.

·
Registered
690 Posts
... HOWDY ... IPOD's AND MP-3 PLAYERS ARE 'THE BOMB' -so to speak ... I WOULDN'T BUY THE NAVI SYSTEM THEY WANT TOO MUCH MONEY AND PROBLEMS FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD ... I HAVE A TOM-TOM ONE THAT I USE BOTH ON THE WING AND PICKUP ... GOT IT ON SALE FOR LESS THAN $100. AND ALL UPDATES ARE FREE ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was getting the bad Navi input just after I picked up my new bike. I wanted the ABS and that was part of the package anyway. Oh well. I will try to get the last update and not worry about it from there. It should get me to the general area anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts