Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never had a CB before & I'm trying to figure out how to work it. How do you know what channel to be on? Are there certain channels for certain things? I think I have figured out the turning on part. Now I'm working on figuring out the volume & getting it to work with the radio. Any advice?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
channel 9 is for emergencies only. most of the noise is on channel 19 if i remember right. i didn't spend much time on am

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
What year Wing is it on, different year bikes have CB controls in different places but the operation is the same. Most truckers run ch. 19, most GoldWing groups run ch.1, ch.9 is emergency only. Turn the squelch down and you will hear people farther away, turn the squelch up if you get interferance from people close to you. The volume knob is for the volume hear them at not the volume you transmitt at. Usually pushing in on one of the knobs (depends on what year bike it is on) switches the volume from helmet speakers to outside speakers. When you post in the future it would help if you say what year bike you are talking about.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi Snoopy, it seems that different regions have different standard channels for various groups. I'm still trying to learn the cb as well. Here in Newfoundland, Canada, I'm told bikers use ch5 and truckers use ch1. In Nova Scotia, an east coast neighbor, apparently bikers use ch7. I would suggest digging in your Goldbook, if you're a GWRRA member, and calling someone in the region you're heading to get the local cb info. However, I'm confused about the squelch. Turning it up or down does exactly what ?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hi Snoopy, it seems that different regions have different standard channels for various groups. I'm still trying to learn the cb as well. Here in Newfoundland, Canada, I'm told bikers use ch5 and truckers use ch1. In Nova Scotia, an east coast neighbor, apparently bikers use ch7. I would suggest digging in your Goldbook, if you're a GWRRA member, and calling someone in the region you're heading to get the local cb info. However, I'm confused about the squelch. Turning it up or down does exactly what ?
... HOWDY ... TUNING THE SQUELCH BASICALLY EFFECTS YOUR RECPETION RANGE / DISTANCE ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the bike is a 1997 GL1500 SE, with the Honda built in CB. I will be headed from Texas to Calif next week & I'm just trying to figure out how to tune in. I plan on tracking down some local guys also to ask about the CB.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts