Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my hands on the "new" GL1100. It's a bit chilly for riding here in Pennsylvania, so I've begun to tinker with some of the on-board toys. Of course, that means more questions.

The bike has a CB, but only a single antenna. Is it possible that both the CB and stereo system are using a single antenna, or should I be looking for a second, CB-specific one to make it functional?

The intercom system looks good, there are the 5-pin jacks installed in both riding positions. But of course, there are no headsets. Is there a good source for locating those parts (other than ebay) and how many years did Honda use that same connection for the intercom devices?

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's highly unlikely that the antenna serves both the CB and the radio. So what works, the radio or the CB? If both work, it's most likely that the radio has a small antenna hidden somewhere.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The radio functions, the CB - well, it's hard to tell. without a headset I can't transmit, and maybe there weren't any incoming signals to detect for the couple minutes I had it on.

I did find wiring diagrams at goldwingdocs.com and it appears that the two units could share the same antenna. The chart for the clarion II CB/Intercom/Cassette shows a single antenna wired into an antenna distributer which splits out to the radio tuner and the CB module.

I guess I'll have to chase the cable from the antenna and find out what's attached.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts