Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thursday, I had a Honda CB and a Diamond Star head light modulator installed on my wing. Now when I activate the CB I get a blinking CB error message on the dash. I'm hoping its just a missed connection. The dealership got a new CB radio from stock and ran it through the amplifier and still got the error.

Anyone have the same problem and what was the answer?

In the meantime I have been relagated to riding this

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Probably just a plug thats connected all the way, when they plug it in they must hear the plug SNAP into place. The ither thing is that they may have it connected to the wrong plug under the seat. The main plug will onbly go in one place but I THINK there are two plugs under the seat that will accept the other plug but of course only one is correct. Make sure the plug that the CB is connect to has 3 wires going to it, there is another 3 prong plug there but it only has 2 wires in it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Joe is right on with the diagnosis...I had the identical problem with my new 1800...After lifting the seat, I found the three pronged plug inserted into the two prong...The heated grips and seat were also not plugged properly...They most likely placed the CB under the trunk..so the very first thing to check is make sure the CB is indeed there!!!! Good Luck

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CB Error

Wish you both were right, but Dealership said the bikes ampflier was bad and they had to replace it. I have been dealing with the owner since 1975 and trust them totally. They took an amp from a trike they were building and put it in mine. Cost $1170.00

1 - 4 of 4 Posts