Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just received my GL2WAY CB radio and antenna and I have a question for ya'll. The antenna instructions say to mount the antenna and to run the antenna cable through a hole in the left side of the trunk. Then, simply connect the antenna to the antenna connector.

On the 2012 GL2WAY, the antenna connector is located on the radio in the compartment in the lower trunk area. There is no reference to running the cable back into the right side of the trunk.

Has anyone installed this setup and can tell me how you did it? Did you simply run the antenna cable across the inside of the trunk from left to right? Did you run the cable through the left side to under the seat and then back into the right side of the trunk?

Thanks for the help. I have sent emails to GL2WAY and ADD-ON who made the antenna. Waiting on a reply but thought it might be quicker to check here...

Thanks,

Jeff:)

·
Registered
96 Posts
the antenna wire runs into the seat area from the left side of trunk then alng the seat side of the trunk box and then runs back into the cubby hole in the trunk box where the radio is, that is also where you can connect your jumpers to set your swr on the antenna. I used a dremmel cut off wheel to cut 1/16 inch bits off the antenna till I got the swr to 1.0. if you cut too much off you will have to buy a new antenna mast, so go slow and take tiny bites off.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks for the info.... I was wondering why the antenna was taken through a hole in the trunk across the back of the seat area and then through another hole back into the trunk. Why not just run it across the inside of the trunk where the radio is?

The instructions skip over the second hole, and simply say run through a hole on the left side of the trunk and connect it. Nothing was mentioned about drilling another hole to get it back into the trunk. I think they just used the instructions for the earlier 'wings, and let it go at that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for the info.... I was wondering why the antenna was taken through a hole in the trunk across the back of the seat area and then through another hole back into the trunk. Why not just run it across the inside of the trunk where the radio is?
If you run it inside the trunk, you will see it and a chance to possible damage it when putting items in your trunk. You should not see the cable at all when your done, it comes in through the cubby hole.

The instructions skip over the second hole, and simply say run through a hole on the left side of the trunk and connect it. Nothing was mentioned about drilling another hole to get it back into the trunk.
I have a grommet that came with mine to put in the hole where the cable come through.
I think they just used the instructions for the earlier 'wings, and let it go at that.
I will add that when setting your swr if you take very small amounts off the upper mast and the readings start to go the wrong way, you can slightly lift the upper mast and tighten it down to get the previous setting. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts