Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bummer for me it looks like. I purchased the Add On CB antenna from Wing Stuff along with the GL2way six months ago and was going to install it today. I got to looking at the antenna and it looks like it will not break down like the OME Radio one does - and that makes it impossible for me to slip my cover over the motorcycle. Does anyone know - is there an attachment that allows the antenna to breakdown and fold forward like the radio antenna? I realize that adding something like that might alter the workings of the CB perhaps - but I would need for the antenna to break down so I could slip the cover on - which I do every night.

·
Premium Member
24,116 Posts
There must be. My local riding bud, Don, has a CB and he parks it in his Bike Barn. I'll call him tonight and check to see if you got the answer here your looking for.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What year wing? Which antenna? ie part #
2010. The antenna is from Add-On Accessories and it is listed as "CB Antenna Kit for GL 1800" It has the numbers:

#18673-629 and #08E98-MCA100 on the package above and below the above mentioned info

this kit looks to have the upper part of the antenna screw onto the the base and tighten with a nut attached at the base end.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Looking @ the pic of you AddOn on line, it does show the "elbow".
About 6"s above where the mast screws into the base that mounts to the bike, there should be a knurled sleeve that you pull up in order to fold the antenna.
If you do not have this, you do not have the complete antenna kit!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fellows... you are right! I opened the package and looked closer and at first could not determine that the antenna was able to fold. I pulled at the spot where it should have opened and - nothing - solid. I got the directions out and #3 talked about that just as you said Police; I went back to the antenna to the knurled sleeve TF, and I give it a twist at the base and sure enough the sleeve turned - and I was able to pull it up like the OEM. Whew... thank God! I think it was just stuck and at the bottom of it there was no gap - not there is; I can see where it must be able to raise up.

Thanks for the responses everyone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.