Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I have the pleasure of riding with a new found friend on his RE 500. We met just down the road from our house and then road to the otherside of town to meet up with his mate who was on a 1997 Yam Virago 750 V Twin.
Plans were made on the run and this was how I found the ride. The RE has more power than my 250 and from what I could tell, was a bit better handling than my 250. Also he was a good rider but I felt a bit sorry for his mate. He is not a quick rider and I do not have a problem with this. But in all fairness if you know this and you invite him to ride with you, you should ride at his comfort level.
What I usually do for Colin (because he is a slower rider) is, I go ahead a bit through the corners at my speed for a couple of corners then pull over and wait for him so that I know he is ok, then run ahead again.
That way Colin is not riding outside his comfort level and we both have fun. A long story made short is, at the end of the ride his mate went missing. That is not what I would do to one of my mates.
Anyway the way that RE handled and peformed I could see myself on one in the future. It looked a lot of fun.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Eric, you got me looking up RE. Some of those classics are beautiful. I can really see you on one, and the extra HP won't hurt either.
Good on you for sticking with your riding mates. :kumbaya: I did not read of anyone complaining that you took off on them on any of your adventures here. :popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
28,145 Posts
RE's are awesome looking machines, I was checking them out recently myself.

No offense to the new fella you met but I never been a fan of putting someone in that position with out at least having a discussion prior.

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
That's how less experienced riders end up going down.:frown2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts