Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets get the I forgots out of the way:
1/I forgot to check if there was a card in the camera.
2/I for got to take my glasses.
So guess what there are no PHOTO's. I did stop to take quite a few photo,s without the card in there.
Frosty is a high school teacher and they are on holiday's at the moment and I thought it would be good to catch up. A phone call to little bro Zed and he was in for the ride too. We were all to hit the road at 7am and I was going to meet Zed at Strathalbyn. It should take us both about one hour to get there. I arrived there at 8am and took some photo's without the card in the camera.(good one Eric) Ten minutes later no Zed. So check the phone. Yep he is going to be 30 min late. Arrrr I will get some more photo's.
Well Zed arrives and I said we had better let Frosty know and he can come on down a bit further. Zed said, "wouldn't it be funny if Frosty run out of gas".
Well we stoped for gas at Meningie and Zed starts to laugh. Frosty has run out of gas. Now meet at Salt Creek. Well we got there first and not that much later Frosty turns up with his eldest son riding a 600rr Honda. A group photo of the bro's together with the camera without the card again. I am sorry, I forgot to say Frosty would be riding into a 35mph wind and he doesn't know how to ride easy.
To start we were all riding at the posted speed of 70 mph but that all went out the window from the next gas stop at Kingston. I can,t encourage speeding but I will say my taco was sitting on 4,000 rpms.
It was great to catch up with Frosty and talk late into the night. The ride back to Adelaide was tops. Blue skys, little wind and 28c in the temp. The vintage cars were out having a run and I got a heap of photo of the cars to show you too.
I stopped and took some photos of our wild flower. They are everywhere. Ok you get the picture:(
Of interest. It is 600 miles down and back and I used 14 gallons for a cost of $108. I do love that bike. Eric

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
Great ride report as always Mate. I may also say that I really enjoyed the photos quite a bit. The Brother's shot was nice, the scenery impeccable & I always love looking at vintage autos.

Thanks Again.:rolleyes::D

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Just like Frosty, I may stand in the rubbish can to be clear of this story. I was so looking forward to pics of vintage cars and Aussies.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't say what I really thought when I went to take the card out of the camera.:mad::mad::mad: Eric

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just like Frosty, I may stand in the rubbish can to be clear of this story. I was so looking forward to pics of vintage cars and Aussies.
Ok,:eek: now you have brought this story up tell the rest of GWOF members the story.:D:D Eric

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Ok,:eek: now you have brought this story up tell the rest of GWOF members the story.:D:D Eric
As I recall....In Mr. Whitaker's (Frosty) classroom...if a student gives a sad story about why he didn't complete his homework. Frosty will proceed to stand in the "rubbish" dispenser (Trash can). This of course is to avoid the BS that's filling the room. So much better with Vanessa's accent.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As I recall....In Mr. Whitaker's (Frosty) classroom...if a student gives a sad story about why he didn't complete his homework. Frosty will proceed to stand in the "rubbish" dispenser (Trash can). This of course is to avoid the BS that's filling the room. So much better with Vanessa's accent.
I'll sneak in while Eric is making me a coffee.... WHAT ACCENT!? I thought yáll had beautiful accents. Cant wait to return to hear them again.. especially those ones down south :D;)

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
I love that shot of the embarrassment on Frosty's face when you roasted him about running out of gas!;) Eric, I think you owe it to yourself to take a spin on that 600rr soon:eek::p 600 miles?! Did ya have to turn your CAT hat around backwards? That's a tad over the limit mate!:D

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Nice ride report, but without pictures......................................

:D

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Eric Lad; are you sure a certain someone wasn't sitting on the batteries,:rolleyes: I'm just saying:D

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
Eric,
Maybe you spent to much time on Hindley street the night before?

Gooday Mate.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love that shot of the embarrassment on Frosty's face when you roasted him about running out of gas!;) Eric, I think you owe it to yourself to take a spin on that 600rr soon 600 miles?! Did ya have to turn your CAT hat around backwards? That's a tad over the limit mate!:D
Frosty's excuse was that he thought the tank held 15ltrs. But I had already run out on that bike and told him it only held 12.5 ltrs and I got wellllll. Riding into a 35-40 mls headwind and he has a heavy right hand.
I have had a ride on his 600rr and I know you like your rocket. My impressions are:
1/ Power, never had this much power before.
2/ Brakes, never had brake that work this well.
3/ Ride, you can't stay on the thing with your legs stuck up your clacker.
Conculsions: Great bike for track work with smooth tracks. Great bike to sit in the shed and say I got one but don't have a license.:eek: Great bike to go a short distance quickly.
It is alright to cover 600 mls over 2 days.:D

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chopin: Thanks for that information. I will try one of them in my camera.
Ron: I can't say who didn't put a new card in.
Hallct: The real question is how do you know about Hindley St.:eek:

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
Eric,
Used to stay at the holiday inn on Hindley street. Worked in Oz from 2005 till May of last year, then a triple bypass at Flinders. Best medical care in the world in Oz. I worked in Moomba 5 weeks at a time and then came back to the states for 5 weeks off. Adelaide is a very nice city, with some of the nicest people in the world. Just one heck of a long flight from La to Sydney ever 5 weeks.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Eric,
Used to stay at the holiday inn on Hindley street. Worked in Oz from 2005 till May of last year, then a triple bypass at Flinders. Best medical care in the world in Oz. I worked in Moomba 5 weeks at a time and then came back to the states for 5 weeks off. Adelaide is a very nice city, with some of the nicest people in the world. Just one heck of a long flight from La to Sydney ever 5 weeks.
I am happy that your Aussie expeirence was a good one. Now if you ever come back just let me know. You could not get a noisier street to stay in. And yes the flights to the states are long.............. Eric

·
Administrator
15,288 Posts
Nice ride report. Your description did put some pictures in my head. Too bad about the memory card....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts