Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a Cassette Adapter for my '98 1500 SE. As I've read so far some of them are very dependant on the sterio they are used in.

So what better people to ask.

If you use a cassette adapter, what make and model do you reccomend for music quality playback? FYI, '98 1500 SE

I don't know the make of the sterio in my 98 se but it is stock.

Thank you. Dan

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i use griffin itrip transmitter / charger that way i can listen to a cassette too

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a cigarette lighter and don't want to alter the electrical system since I have some scheduled maintenance to do $$$.

·
Registered
174 Posts
When I had my 1500 I went all the way to Radio Shack an bought a cheap one. It never failed, in fact I think the guy who has the bike now is still using it.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
all it takes is a power and ground going to the acc terminal and cigar lighter itself or if you want the lighter powered all the time you can run a 10a fused hot line and ground from the battery

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dan, if it's an MP3 player, I use a dongle. Small (1.5"x1") selectable frequency transmitter that uses 2 AAA batteries. Good for twenty hours per battery set, plugs right into players headphone jack. Walmart has one by Schose for $12. If it's iPod/iPhone, I use a similar thing, but it plugs into the dock port on the i, using the i's battery. Battery life is hardly affected, from my experience. Ebay for that. Ride! Oh, both of these play through the FM band and have nothing to do with the cassette.

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
Mine is an 'RCA' cassette adapter and I got it at 'Family Dollar' for $5.00 and it works well. Radio Shack would probably have them too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm confused, if a fm transmitter runs off of batteries, then why plug it into anything? :confused:

Dan, if it's an MP3 player, I use a dongle. Small (1.5"x1") selectable frequency transmitter that uses 2 AAA batteries. Good for twenty hours per battery set, plugs right into players headphone jack. Walmart has one by Schose for $12. If it's iPod/iPhone, I use a similar thing, but it plugs into the dock port on the i, using the i's battery. Battery life is hardly affected, from my experience. Ebay for that. Ride! Oh, both of these play through the FM band and have nothing to do with the cassette.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use a Jupiter Jack, bought it at Walgreens for $9.99. Plug it into your headset port on your mp3 or ipod, it has 2 fm channels to select from. Set your FM radio to that channel and it's a wireless connection. It has its own battery so no wireing needed or if you want you can use it for its original purpose and use it plugged into your cell phone for hands free connection.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cassette adapter

Hi,
I bought a cassette adapter on ebay for .99 cents including shipping. It works great. Check out this ebay #250615532874

1 - 12 of 12 Posts