Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there just one fuel line from the fuel pump that feeds one carb and then the fuel flows from that carb to the others?? Not sure.
Johnnieg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the service manual. I'm still not 100% sure just how the fuel is metered to each carb. The pump delivers fuel to # 3 and from there it goes to the other carbs? Thanks for any help.
Johnnieg

·
Registered
27 Posts
it goes to an inlet on the joint body, and is delivered equally to the rest through internal passages in the alluminum body.

I've seen this system used on many other vintage Hondas so I wasn't surprised to see it employed on my 78 goldwing as well.

just make sure you have your fuel line going into the inlet on the joint body and not to an individual carb, becuase those are actually the hoses for the air cut off valve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Will take a closer look when I get back out in the garage. I still have to make sure the fuel pump is working properly. It has been an interesting project. I had a 79 about ten years ago but didn't have to work on it much since it run like a Swiss clock. Thanks again.
Johnnieg

·
Registered
27 Posts
the fuel pump can be replaced with an electric off the wall unit, as the mechanical one tends to siphon gas into the oil if the petcock is left on, it also is just less reliable.

I happened to get my 78 with a BRAND NEW stock fuel pump, but when it wears out, im going to put an electric one as I've never had a problem with those.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn't realize they had electric fuel pumps. Thanks for that info. Have been so busy I haven't had time to get to work on it and am leaving for over a week now but when I get back the first thing I want to do is put a hose on the outgoing side of the pump and make sure it is pumping enough fuel. I'm also wondering if some of the carbs will need cleaning but will cross that bridge when I get to it.
Johnnieg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts