Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a carbon dash on a friend's 2001 wing and it looked really nice.I came home and searched for one on my 2008 and to my surprise there are no custom dashes for anything over 2005.Kury had one that fit 01 to 05 and that was even discontinued.Wing bling has them up to 05 also.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I saw a carbon dash on a friend's 2001 wing and it looked really nice.I came home and searched for one on my 2008 and to my surprise there are no custom dashes for anything over 2005.Kury had one that fit 01 to 05 and that was even discontinued.Wing bling has them up to 05 also.
I have one on my 2005 and it looks fantastic. I've gotten many compliments on it. I don't understand why they aren't offered for the 06 and up models. You would've thought that would be an obvious addition!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got a reply from Kury as to why they dicontinued them.Imagine that,it's even too expensive to make them in china.Kinda sucks,a carbon dash is/was in the top 5 of my wishlist.

Quote: The cost of the process and materials making them kept going up to where it would exceed a fair MSRP.

·
Super Moderator
7,612 Posts
Have you contacted WingBling to see if they can redo the 2008 dash?
I was going to have them redo the entire dash and other pieces on my 93 and all I had to do was send them all the plastics and then it would all be shipped back.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you contacted WingBling to see if they can redo the 2008 dash?
I was going to have them redo the entire dash and other pieces on my 93 and all I had to do was send them all the plastics and then it would all be shipped back.
Thanks for the tip Trike lady.I called them and they do the water dip process and clear coat.They have just what i am looking for. I will be ordering one in a month or two.There are some kits that have every peice coated to whatever flavor you want.Real nice work they do.Thanks again,Steve

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
I have one on my 2005 and it looks fantastic. I've gotten many compliments on it. I don't understand why they aren't offered for the 06 and up models. You would've thought that would be an obvious addition!!
Th 06 and above dash is visually practical but bland. It's all meters and a bit of panel. But I do like this.......

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Here's a shot of the carbon fiber offering for the 2001-2005 that I put on my wing. It matches perfectly with the Portlang Gray color on my 05 Wing. They also offer a darker shade as well. Now why they can make these for the 01-05 and not offer them for the 06 and up doesn't make any sense at all!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Here's a shot of the carbon fiber offering for the 2001-2005 that I put on my wing. It matches perfectly with the Portlang Gray color on my 05 Wing. They also offer a darker shade as well. Now why they can make these for the 01-05 and not offer them for the 06 and up doesn't make any sense at all!

Yeah that looks great.I have some carbon look knee pads that are about the same shade.I think that would be Wingbling's med dark

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Likely a cost vs retail thing, somebody already mentioned that. There's some differences in the '06 and newer that could have caused the cost to skyrocket and stop the production in favour of the smaller cheaper version.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.