Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the nice guage set I bought from Trike Lady Val, I was able to perform the carb synch today on my nu2me '85 1200 Aspencade. BIG difference in idle and running smoothness. Never synch'd carbs before, but it only took about 15 minutes; from now on this is SOP for the spring prep work, every year. He's running great now and next weekend is the target for final assemby and then just RIDING. I can tell this ol' boy just wants to RUN.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Now that you have got the carbs synchronized you may consider color tunning your wing also. here is a link if anyone is interested. http://www.gadgetjq.com/ctune.htm

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip, knelson1969; I've never even heard of ColorTuning!

·
Super Moderator
7,614 Posts
Tatanka
Good to read that your Wing is running better, a good carb sync does wonders.

I never heard of Color Tuning either. It's a clever tune up item.

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Val,

It really did make a difference, thanks, especially in idle and acceration smoothness, but also in the drop to idle speed. I'm really close, Ms. Tesla (a joke because Trike Lady is a whiz at electrical stuff) and hope to take the first assembled, legal ride next weekend! Hoo-Ya!

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi knelson1969,

I just re-read the article/video you provided, even saved it to Favorites for future use, but I need your help to understand it. The article refers to "pot #1, etc." Are those cylinders? So you do every cylinder in 1-4 or firing order (I have a 1200, so only 4 cylinders) at idle and higher rev? I'm sure that if I buy the gizmo it will explain how to use it, but your input is appreciated.

By the way, I've noticed the knowledge embodied in your previous posts, too. Your bikes must run PERFECTLY.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hi this color tuning kit allows you to check and adjust the air fuel mixture on each
Cylinder this is done at idle and off idle. I don't think it matters which cylinder gets done first but once you get the kit and do the work resync the carbs. It is a PITA but once your done you should know. How well each. Cylinder is performing. This can be done with a old school 4 gas analizer and a very small sample probe. Each exhaust pipe gets a hole drilled in it some where you can weld the hole up later then probe the exhaust and adjust as nessasary. i hope this helps but keep in mind if you have a stock wing the only adjustments you will need to make is on the idle circuit. If the test does not pass off idle you will have some repairs in your future. Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.