Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had 120000+ on the 1983 that I bought new in 83 without any engine work needed. Had to give it up. Many years later, was gifted with an 83 with 39000+ and it is running rough and rich. Touch the throttle on first startup and it floods. Never been in a fuel system but would like to learn to fix this myself. Recommendations for manuals, tools, techniques?

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Don't forget to get yourself a carb sync tool.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Carb problems on 1983 wing

Thanks for the welcomes and the tips. Rebuild kit, manual, carb sync tool - whoa! I'm a retired mechanical engineer but my manual dexterity never was great. Maybe I'm over my head. Guess the next thing is to get a manual and study it to see if I'm up to the task.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not that hard. You have four of them so take the first one apart to do the rebuild. If you get stuck you have three others to look at. The manual is definitely a must. You can download one. I did a post on here for it some where on line. Follow the link. If not PM me and I can try and e-mail it.

First time I did this many carbs at once I took lots of digital pics so I could remember where everything went.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
the randakk kit coms with a vid to help with the disassembly / reassembly of your carbs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts