Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93 1500, I rebuilt the carbs, right one dribbles gas out the over flow tube. I adjusted the floats. I don't have confidence the fuel valve is working great. Could that be the problem?

Any thoughts appreciated

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hello gravelpounder. Kudos to you for doing the carbs. yourself to begin with. (35 yr.auto tech. here) As much as i know you dont want to hear this,as i am sure you have been very careful,a piece of trash has found its way into the dribbling carbs. needle and seat. If the fuel valve could cause such an issue,it would be both carbs. If you can get lucky,a blast of compressed air into the carb. fuel inlet,with the carb drained will clear it. Am sure there are others out there with actual Wing carb experience that may have other suggestions,but have done my share of carbs over the years and i hope this helps. Good luck with her,hope it will clear easily for you. Ken '94SE Pearl White 122,000

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I pulled the carbs a couple of time trying to address the "trash" problem, this last time (#3) I replaced the fuel inlet valves, the brass seat and installed new screens. I took a look at the float thinking maybe it had developed a pin hole and was filling with gas. I think I'll try to find a rebuild kit for the fuel valve and take the darn carbs down one one time. Could the trash be in the main jet or some other place and cause this dribble problem? Thanks God my Magna runs perfect.

·
Registered
263 Posts
For what it's worth,i have read on here more than once of guys that have removed the fuel valve and had no ill effects.May be possible due to the bikes agae that the trash may be coming from the valve itself,such as the diaphragm starting to come apart. I dont think you have anything other than an open needle and seat causing your issue.Might be a good idea to replace all the hoses from the tank to the carbs. as well,is possible one of them is starting to come apart internally.Make sure to wash out the new ones with brake spray/carb. spray before installing. Just cuz new dont mean they are clean. Just curious,how many miles does she have on her?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did replace the fuel lines and the filter. brand new needle valve, brass seat and the screen than pops on the back of the brass seat. Its got 17000 miles on it. I'll get it sorted out, just going to break it down all the way, spray and blow everthing out and try it again. Thanks for the help and I hope you got to put all the miles on that ride of yours.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Unfortunatly no,she had 110,000 when i got her. I don't get to ride as much as i would like,but when i do i enjoy every mile of it. Please post when you get it squared away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts