Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just need one drain screw for my GL1100 carb set up. I thought I ordered them from a company online and all I received was the little 0-rings. Does anybody know where I can get one? I tried the local hardware stores and nobody carries screws that are
Float bowl drain screw (4.8 x 1.9 mm)
Is there anybody here that could hook me up with one? I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just bought kits for my 81 and those came with each kit, so I'll have the old ones to spare. I already cleaned the crud out of them, then was surprised when they came along with the o-rings and float needle. Send me a private msg.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You might try http://randakks.com/. They specialize in vintage Honda motorcycle parts, including Goldwings. Perhaps there is a cross over part, or they know where you might go. The worst thing they can say is they don't know. I have heard other people speak highly of them.

Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No luck at all. I called, spoke to and emailed everybody I could find online. This stupid little brass carb bowl drain screw is not available. Honda never offered it seperately. The only way for me to get it is to find somebody who has an extra one. All the salvage yards I called will only sell me the complete carb. The thread size of this screw is very unusual and I was unable to find something similar at any local hardware stores. What a total drag.

·
Registered
24 Posts
kits

Sorry I couldn't help you after all. The kits I bought don't have it, in fact they don't have much I can use, except maybe the main float tank gasket. The seller basically insults me for trying to maintain a motorcycle that is too old, as if I shouldn't have expected he would ship what he claimed to be selling. Basically says that's the only kind of kit you can get, but I'm going to find out from another parts place. No response on my other post however. I think I can find adequate O-rings elsewhere individually, and I don't think I really need any of the brass. May luck improve for both of us.

·
Registered
108 Posts
JG if all else fails you might try a local machine shop. They might be able to make one for a small fee. Just a thought !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JG if all else fails you might try a local machine shop. They might be able to make one for a small fee. Just a thought !

I am thinking about just filling the cavity up with JB Weld and leave it at that. I am never gonna use the drain screws anyway.
Either that... or I will drill it out and retap it to a normal millimeter size. Its crazy that Honda used a thread size that isn't even close to being standard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts