Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(NOT THE HOCKEY TEAM) :)
I've been a member of this site for quite awhile and discussed many things with you guys and feel a part of this group, so here goes:
Three or maybe four of us (3 or 4 bikes)from Northern BC are planning a trip in June on our MC's, I'm the old man of the group (Grandpa)and kind of doing some of the planning since I'm retired and the rest work.We'll cross customs at either Eureka Montana,Bonners Ferry Idaho,or Danville Washington. One of our objectives is the Lake Roosevelt Watershed to follow it from its source to Grand Coulee Dam,Coulee City and Dry Falls.My son delivered many Houseboats across the border into that area and did the sea trials on them before releasing them to the new owners.I'm looking for ideas for special places to visit,some ideas,accomodations that a working guy can afford. Last year was a hard one for me,Skin Cancer surgeries twice and I'm now 100% except for a facial skin graft. My boys want to take a trip with Dad now I'm able and thats what this is all about.You guys have been very responsive with things like this in the past so I'll see what you have to say.

Thanks,
-Robert-

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
bstar, Sorry to hear of the issues you had. Let's hope that's all behind you now. As you know I am on similar trip this june/july so for my money I am getting a An America The Beautiful pass from our National Park Service. We are going to several Parks. The pass is good at some sites as well. We figure that the best things to see are the natural wonders. I'm doing other thing as well however that is our main trek.
These passes are actually good for two motorcycles as well so you get a bargain. Read all the info. Hope this helps.

http://www.nps.gov/fees_passes.htm

As far as accomadations go my idea of roughing it is when the Hotel doesn't have a breakfast bar but I believe if you use either Motel 6 or Super 8 you can get decent rooms. Some guys like camping & that's why Baskin Robbins exists.

Good Luck, Have fun with your boys & Ride Safe.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Sounds like a great time Robert! I've crossed at Bonners Ferry a couple times, as well as Oroville, Wa. a couple times also. Sherman Pass area is nice, and the trip along the Columbia River to Portland is gorgeous (if a bit gusty at times).

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
I've never been up to the neck of the woods you are going, but I have a good friend who lives in a place called Liberty Lakes, WA. He says there are a lot of great places to visit and camp at in that area. Good luck on your trip and remember to take lots of pictures for us. Are the kids paying??? Ride safe and enjoy your time together..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts