Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am feeling the presure, the wait is just too long. I have found a 1984 1200 wing in Perth with 65000km on it. The price is a bit steep at $7000. The price of bikes in Australia is about double that in the USA., so that is like $3500 in the USA. If I can get him intersted in it at about $6000 I will get it. Perth is about 1700-1800 miles away and instead of putting it on a truck I think I will fly over and ride it back. If I take 3 days that will make it 600 miles a day and that would be a fair effort, in the condition of the Nullubor. Daylight temps will be over 110f, at this time of the year. When I am riding in those conditions it's a must to stop at every stop and have a drink. The service stations are between 160-250 miles, so on the longer section I would stop in the middle for a extra drink. That part of Australia is very remote and extreme so I will have the full kit with me. Most important will be the water and tools will be important because the closest help will be 600 mile away. I will have a look at it in 8 days time and I will let you know what I think of it. Eric

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
I am feeling the presure, the wait is just too long. I have found a 1984 1200 wing in Perth with 65000km on it. The price is a bit steep at $7000. The price of bikes in Australia is about double that in the USA., so that is like $3500 in the USA. If I can get him intersted in it at about $6000 I will get it. Perth is about 1700-1800 miles away and instead of putting it on a truck I think I will fly over and ride it back. If I take 3 days that will make it 600 miles a day and that would be a fair effort, in the condition of the Nullubor. Daylight temps will be over 110f, at this time of the year. When I am riding in those conditions it's a must to stop at every stop and have a drink. The service stations are between 160-250 miles, so on the longer section I would stop in the middle for a extra drink. That part of Australia is very remote and extreme so I will have the full kit with me. Most important will be the water and tools will be important because the closest help will be 600 mile away. I will have a look at it in 8 days time and I will let you know what I think of it. Eric
Eric: Have you considered purchasing one here in the states and having it shipped to Australia? Wonder how much that would be? Might run the same in money but maybe you could get a newer model unless a 1200 is what your set on. Just a thought.:D

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Hey Eric on this forum there is a 2002 for $9300. Its in Virginia I think. Scroll on down and take a peek on the active threads...Isaac

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eric: Have you considered purchasing one here in the states and having it shipped to Australia? Wonder how much that would be? Might run the same in money but maybe you could get a newer model unless a 1200 is what your set on. Just a thought.:D
Yes I was going to get a bike in the USA. and ride it there and then ship it back in 2012. You need a lot of trust to buy a bike in the USA because it would be easy to spend the money and end up with nothing. To get a bike back to Australia is $3500. So buying here is about the same as buying in the USA. I am going to road test a 1994 wing here in Adelaide at a local dealer which he has 2. The asking price is $12500 for the one with 135000ks and $14000 for the one with 120000ks, both are red. The 1984 in Perth is $5000-$6000 cheaper and half the kilometres. Eric

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Ok, well it was just a thought....

·
Super Moderator
28,254 Posts
Eric good luck with the 1200. Hope it all works out the way you'd like. If it does Vanessa will be comfy on the back I'm sure.

·
Super Moderator
9,758 Posts
Ah, what could be better. An 1,800 mile trip and a new bike. Life is good. Be safe and stop for a drink (of water/gatoraid). Take some pics for us if you go.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fossil92: Vanessa likes your fossil and has seen it in one of her text books. The sabre is too small in the seat and it would be good to have a similiar bike here so it will not be so different in the USA when we get there. It will give us a better idea of what we can take and I will then be use to riding a wing.Eric

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it's happening at 100mph. I was looking online and I seen a wing for sale south of Melbourne at Rosrbud. I rang the owner who was in his 70's and he said he was just not confident to ride it anymore. It's a 1984 with 120ks and I have made an offer of $5000 and will be on a plane in the morning and make my way down to Rosebud. I will get part way home tomorow and will be home lunch time Friday. If I have time I will post some photos on Friday. Eric

1 - 10 of 10 Posts