Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.I would appreciate if someone could tell me where i can get a "valve adj cap"for my 1982 Goldwing GL1100A.It goes on the stator cover and prevents the oil from coming out of it.Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,500 Posts
There will be some one along shortly that can point you in the right direction. It's just not me that can do it.sorry.

·
Administrator
26,174 Posts
Did a pretty thorough look through both parts and service manual and haven't located it, sorry. Hopefully somebody has an idea.

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
Is it the clear plastic plug that is used for timing the engine? I remember those for older HDs.
Have found the part and its numbers.
Honda Code 0630681
Part#07999-3710001
Timing Inspection Plug.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no,its not that.the part screws into the stator cover that is in the rear of the engine.if you google about how to take off a stator cover for my bike you may get a pic of it.thankyou anyways :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
If memory serves me correctly, that is called a valve adjuster cap used on many older and even some newer Honda bikes. Gold Wings also use it for final drive filler plug. About $7.00 at Honda. Buy at least 2 cause you will need one again soon if you do any work on your own bike. They are quite fragile and break easily. When I rode 4 cylinder air cooled Hondas I kept several on hand for valve adjusting as they break easily.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.