Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at Wings I havent owned a bike in 16 years previous to that i rode for 10 years of and on 18 monthes in Germany on a BMW and 18 mths in washington state (in the rain).on a KZ500 And a KZ 750Both of them i wrecked......I think i can handle a wing my last bike was a 750 4 that was a heavy bike and i was a terror on that I'm alot older and wiser now......

any way here is my dilemma...

1,88 GL 1500 80,000 miles no CB intercome im not shure about cruise it does have air ride and a stero addult owned for 12 years dealer servised. sand color stalk no extra chrome or lights.....$3450

2,88 GL 1500 105K Loaded intercome, CB ,stero,, Air ride,Addult owned always garagued never in rain, with $3000 in extras (chrome and lights,pipes) gray in colour alwaysed changed the oil every 3K with mobile 1.......$4995

I cant deceide am going to look at one tomorrow but witch one??????????????????????:eek:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Bought a wing

As fate has it I was going to look at the stripped one first and whean I called for directions the owner said somwone was coming at 10 am to look at it so i went to look at the second one firist ....it was all over whean i saw it...I am now the proud owner of my first wing .......on the way home the first person called and told me the 16 year old kid came to look at the bike said he was getting his permit and wanted to know if the owner would finance the bike....he said go home......

Here is what i bought
88 GL 1500 105K Loaded intercome, CB ,stero,, Air ride,Addult owned always garagued never in rain, with $3000 in extras (chrome and lights,pipes) gray in colour alwaysed changed the oil every 3K with mobile 1..

Now off shopping I need 2 helmets,one intercom setup and 2 leather jackets........

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Congtars, on your purchase, if you buy 2 helmets you will need 2 headsets. Now is when you start spending the money.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CHROME CHROME and more

Well since i have hade the wing I have changed The oil.plugs,air filter,fuel filter,timing belts,new trigger wheel,speakers, and $1500 in CHROME I love the wing I am dying to go on a grupe ride with my wife....:cool:

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Ah yes, the funding of farkles has begun. Hope you are enjoying your Wing and having lots of opportunites to ride. Ride safe...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not to throw a damper in the mix. However, I was in the same boat about 2 years ago. Hadn't ridden in many years, but had lots of previous experience in large bikes--up to 1100 Kawa--and had wrecked the last one. I bought a VTX1300, which is a great bike, but large in its own right.
I ended up taking the Motorcycle Safety course. The basic course for new riders. In a way I thought it unnecessary, but I ended up learning a lot and was very glad I did.
So, I'd advise you doing the same thing. Especially before a lot of 2-up riding. The wing is a big bike and takes some effort to ride right.
ATGATT is "All the Gear, All the Time". Good gloves (I have Held racing gloves--Kevlar and Kangaroo). Good boots. You already mentioned helmets and leather jackets.

I just bought a wing as well and really enjoy it.

Peace and fair winds. Mark.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was a little shaky for the first 2 weeks (only starting,stopping and sharp turns) I went to a big parking lott and stayed thier for hours...to pollish my skils I have put 600 miles on her and i think I'm ok some of the 600 were 2 up....only one near wreck a car passed me on the highway in the fast lane i was in the middle with a car in front of me 70 mph and the car in the fast lane has a blowout:eek: and t bones the car in front of me wich hits the car in the slow lane.....I hit the brakes and saw an opeaning on my left i hit the gass and went around them almost on the grass than came to a stop (neeeded to wipe) I was very amazed at how fast the bike slowed down in a straight line than sped up to pass....I do belive i was following too close to the car in front of me but i was lucky....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Suit yourself. But, again, I had a similar experience. A dozen bikes over more than a dozen years, riding all year round, tons of miles. Big layoff, of more than a dozen years, then bought a big heavy bike. Did the parking lot thing, rode around, passed my motorcycle endorsement (I had let my old one lapse). Then I realized that I could learn more by taking a course, and did so. I definitely learned enough to be worth the course, and recommend it highly. If you can already run a wing through tight pylons, are an expert at counter steering, and can do a figure 8 with a wing in a parking space, then forget it.....
I take it you didn't let your motorcycle license endorsement lapse?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No i never let my license laps..and i dont think i can but now that you mentioned it maby i'll try to run a wing through tight pylons, are an expert at counter steering, and can do a figure 8 with a wing in a parking space..You make a valid point i'll look into a safty course ......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts