Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 GW. I was looking at updating my Navi maps and it says for an 09 it takes an SD card. While exploring I pulled my Navi card and low and behold it is a CF card. I checked the VIN on my bike and it definitely says 2009 model year. I looked in my owners manual which is clearly labeled 2009 and it refers to the CF card in the Nav.
As I understand it the 2009 should have an SD card.
Can any of Canadian members confirm if they too have the CF card? I am wondering if the Canadian models are different than our friends down south? We only get get 2 of the 5 available models.
What gives?
:confused:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the trunk on the left side of the Navi box is a trap door. Open the door and push the pin and the card will pop out of it's seat. Just pull it out from there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Calling all Canadian owners - important notice

Budoka and I have been communicating about an update to the 09 GW Navi maps in Canada. He apparently got a notice that an update card was available and according to all sources it is an SD card for the 09. I checked mine and it is a CF card. I advised Budoka about this and he checked and found that his is also a CF card. According to the Garmin site the 09 are to have an SD card. Budoka is trying to get an answer out of Honda Canada.
So I would advise any Canuck that is thinking of upgrading the maps to make sure what card they have in their GW.
It does not surprise me if the Us and Canadian models are different.

·
Administrator
26,182 Posts
So I managed to get through to Honda Canada today. All Canadian models with the Navi system have CF format cards. The US models after '08 have SD cards. The confusion started because of my service manual showing the SD card after '08. Turns out I have an American Honda publication of the service manual. Anyway, the part # for the CF card upgrade is 39250-MCA-L20 should any of the Canadian owners wish to order one. They are on back-order currently 'till sometime in February (doesn't bother me since I won't be riding before mid to late March at the earliest). Snuffy mentioned to me that there is an update available direct from Garmin that is a lower price than from Honda if anyone wishes to go that route. :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts