Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
The Canadian 1500 had a Fancie top end on the key, that would add to the weight. No really it did but other then that I haven't got a clue. Sorry

·
Registered
649 Posts
Could be because of different emission specs.Other than California Canada usually has a higher emission spec. than the rest of the States.Possibly a more restricted(heavier) exhaust sys.Just thinking out loud here.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
The closer to the Pole an object is the more weighs. True,but just a joke in here.
Hey, does that mean if I move to Florida I will weigh less?:idea:

It's not so much about the Cdn models vs the US models, but the equipment they come with. The Airbag model and our "AD" are the same weight. Your level 1 is lighter than either of ours due to the lack of ABS, comfort package and premium audio.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's the air in the tires. Canadian air weighs more. My Grandmother was from B.C. and she told me that, and she wouldn't have lied to me.

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
The Canadian 1500 had a Fancie top end on the key, that would add to the weight. No really it did but other then that I haven't got a clue. Sorry
Didn't the Canadian Edition GL1500 have a different seat with a fabric insert?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Hey, does that mean if I move to Florida I will weigh less?:idea:

It's not so much about the Cdn models vs the US models, but the equipment they come with. The Airbag model and our "AD" are the same weight. Your level 1 is lighter than either of ours due to the lack of ABS, comfort package and premium audio.
I was thinking we were talking about the 1500 for some reason.Guess I should pay more atten.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
As you move further north or south from the equator, an object on the earth rotates at a faster speed around the poles. Einsteins theory E = MC2 holds true in this case which says that as you approach the speed of light, mass increases. Therefore the further north you are, the faster you rotate, the larger the mass, so the logical conclusion is that you would weigh more. Another example of this is that a wild Bull Moose in Canada weighs more than a wild Bull Moose in Texas...:BigEyes: Isaac

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
As you move further north or south from the equator, an object on the earth rotates at a faster speed around the poles. Einsteins theory E = MC2 holds true in this case which says that as you approach the speed of light, mass increases. Therefore the further north you are, the faster you rotate, the larger the mass, so the logical conclusion is that you would weigh more. Another example of this is that a wild Bull Moose in Canada weighs more than a wild Bull Moose in Texas...:BigEyes: Isaac
Ehh, even rocket scientists ride Wings!

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Weight, which really means gravitational force, is proportional to the product of the masses of two objects acting on each other, in this case the giant earth and the minuscule you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.