Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I've got a 2010 1800 and my seat is in bad shape :( Its got a lot of scuff marks from my boots. I would sometime drag my leg over the seat when getting on or off. That was before I got a knee replacement :D

I think one of the improvements on the 2012 was the seat comfort. Will I be able to swap my seat with the 2012 or will I have to stick with a 2010 ?

My other option is look into the the "Ultimate" seat.. How does the ultimate compare to the stock seat.. Any help would be appreciated !

Bingo

·
Registered
674 Posts
Look up the part number at mother Honda and see if both years have the same number that will tell you for sure if any changes were made as far as if it will fit your welcome to come to Florida and try my seat on your bike. I think the price on a new replacement for the 2012 is around 1300
Btw I could use a better seat or more [email protected] on my 2012 so I would look to the aftermarket for a replacement

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
I know there was some redesigning done to the seat but I don't know about the mounting being any different. Might take me a while to find out, but I'll dig through the parts fiche and see what I can find.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Ultimate

Hi, I replaced the stock seat on my 2010 Gold Wing with an Ultimate seat.
I am glad I did it, I am able to make way longer rides without any discomfort.
I would do it again. Good luck and remember that this new seat can still get scuffed!

·
Registered
718 Posts
I was just talking with a member from another local GWRRA chapter who just bought a 2012 and I think there is some minor redesign in the 2012

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts
I had a Saddleman Road Sofa seat on my 98 GL1500 that I really liked. Had gel inserts and was lower by about 1 inch.

·
Registered
674 Posts
The dealer told me there were changes to the seat but I don't remember what they were
I know I would give my stock seat for a aftermarket one with good reviews.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
the 2012 seat and the 2010 seats are different

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Ok, so I checked the parts fiche and all the mounting bolts and hardware is the same for both the '06-'10 and the 2012 models so there should be no reason why the '12 seat wouldn't fit your bike. But as you mentioned it's very cost prohibitive to replace it with Mother Honda's offering (they're freaking $1500 up here!:eek:). For way less money you can have a custom made Russell or Ultimate or other well done alternative.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Just spoke with one of my Honda reps in Toronto, the side covers will definitely get in the way of the '12 seat and make it difficult if not inpossible to fit.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Let us know how it works out. When I can afford one I need to upgrade a few things.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Bingo, keep us posted on the seat upgrade. Em, pics are essential;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.