Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2005 VTX 1300 C in my short bed Silverado pickup several times. Google tells me that the 2012 GoldWing wheelbase is 66.5 inches. But I don't think that includes the trunk, etc. Can someone tell me how long the bike is tip to tip? Or, do you know whether I could fit it into my shortbed?

Thank you for any helpful info!

:Wave:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found a post that said:

"Overall Length = 2635mm (103.7 in)
Overall Width = 945 mm (37.2 in)
Found on Page 1-3 of my 2002 service manual."

I figure the 2012 is a bit longer.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
I have had my 2005 VTX 1300 C in my short bed Silverado pickup several times. Google tells me that the 2012 GoldWing wheelbase is 66.5 inches. But I don't think that includes the trunk, etc. Can someone tell me how long the bike is tip to tip? Or, do you know whether I could fit it into my shortbed?

Thank you for any helpful info!

:Wave:
Why in the world would you want to do that???? :upthumbs:
I would say that you might have to leave the tail gate down.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, tailgate's gotta be down even for my VTX. Truck bed is about 110 inches, so that's my limit except that the truck/fender could overhang that a bit. I'm curious. It would make my life easier in some ways like picking up my bike, hauling it when I need to get a check up, etc.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Put my 1500 in a 6'4" bed when I bought it and when the drive shaft broke. The tailgate had to be down, :icon41: but put a board under the rear tire to spread the weight, mine collapsed the inner gate panel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.