978 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
The easiest solution wo changing out the radio itself I have found, no solder, re-wiring etc. is to buy a Bluetooth enabled cassette. See Amazon: $30.
Font Circle Rectangle Audio equipment Technology

This plays what ever I sent to it with my phone including phone calls.
"This Side Up" is important. Reviews on similar products talk about mechanical noise. I don't have any with this cassette.
Sound quality is great, if you have the right side up. I have used FM modulators and this out performs them.

·
Registered
2007 gl1800 dark metalic orange
72 Posts
The easiest solution wo changing out the radio itself I have found, no solder, re-wiring etc. is to buy a Bluetooth enabled cassette. See Amazon: $30.
View attachment 281864

This plays what ever I sent to it with my phone including phone calls.
"This Side Up" is important. Reviews on similar products talk about mechanical noise. I don't have any with this cassette.
Sound quality is great, if you have the right side up. I have used FM modulators and this out performs them.
I have something like that for my car, which still has a cassette player. Mine has a wire/cable/ that I hook my mp3 player up to, because I'm freaking OLD, and don't do all the new fangled electronics. My sister-in-law calls me a tech NO person. LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have something like that for my car, which still has a cassette player. Mine has a wire/cable/ that I hook my mp3 player up to, because I'm freaking OLD, and don't do all the new fangled electronics. My sister-in-law calls me a tech NO person. LOL
I have used the wired ones as well. This one seems to perform better than the wired ones relative to sound quality. Tech can't be much different. Perhaps the Bluetooth connection transmits a higher fidelity. The orientation of the head may be different. It plays really well in one direction and very poorly in the other. It is also marked one side up. I like not having wires though. I have read that several less expensive versions of this cassette really play lousy and have a lot of mechanical noise. I'm happy with this one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts