Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Depends on how hard a bump. But I would say no .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe I should explain. Just the front suspension as I hit the bump made a hard thud in the handlebars. Im assuming since there was no more travel in the shock it bottomed out

·
862 Posts
Maybe I should explain. Just the front suspension as I hit the bump made a hard thud in the handlebars. Im assuming since there was no more travel in the shock it bottomed out
Have you looked underneath? Is there any sign of impact? I have read reports of damaged engines from various road debris and imperfections in the road. there is a shifter boss hanging out that has been the subject on a few stories. Even if it is a DCT the boss is still there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This happened to me today on a ride. One of those holes you hit that compresses the suspension all the way and you hear that loud thud, get the shock through your arms. After swearing and cussing myself out, I kept on eye on the TPMS to make sure the tires were maintaining pressure. Checked the rims when I got home to make sure they were not bent. All seems okay. So I would say, yes it can.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Can a 2022 GW take a hard bump in the road including bottoming out without damaging anything
I took a hard bottoming out on the rear tire. Did the same as you, inspected everything which looked okay. A week later, I took the bike for a ride and noticed a vibration at 35 mph. Vibration went away above 35. Figured that I threw a weight even though I didn't notice one missing. Took to Honda dealer and they discovered a bump/knot rising up in the tire. I had broken the belt in the radial tire of the Bridgestone Exedra. Glad they found a new one for me. You can damage a tire and it isn't visible right away.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Riding 2 up a few weeks back we hit a pothole and is was hard enough for me to be concerned. After checking everything it seemed OK. I would not have been surprised if there was damage because it was a significant jolt. It was definitely harder on the front than the rear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts