Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a used camper trailer today to drag behind my goldwing. It needs some bedding and probably lots of other stuff like a cooler on the front tongue and anopther window on one side, but it also doubles as a cargo trailer and it fits inside my 6x12 trailer for storage.

greg

Attachments

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
that might be too heavy for your wing. However, since you have a trike, it might not be a problem other than your braking system could be over loaded.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reckon this guy has extra brakes? My trailer is fairly lightweight due to the roof covering the guy used. The problem seems to be the lights draw alot of current. I plan to change them to LEDs shortly. Still don't know if I'll keep it after I fix it up some. I've got a little 40x48" trailer I built that works fantastic, but my wife wants to take the dogs with us when we go overnight. I'm still mulling it all over.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Have you got an empty weight on it as is? That may give you some guidlines as to what it will be once equipped for your needs.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you got an empty weight on it as is? That may give you some guidlines as to what it will be once equipped for your needs.
Not yet, but I plan to estimate it soon. The more I think about it, the less I like the idea of a 20' rig... nearly 10' stem to stern (tow ball) for my GW and 10' for the trailer. I'm bigger than most cars nowadays. Plus, when I pulled it home, i realized I can't see behind it. Granted that's 10' of insurance between me and the car but I'd rather avoid an accident by seeing it coming. I wonder how much and how far my wife will agree to ride if the dogs can go. I'm not tossing the 40x48 trailer I built last year just yet :)

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
Those are some big trailers...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.