Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i collapsed my calipers and now they dont seem to work right,1 piston comes out the other dont. 2nd frame that holds kick stand on is rotted, will this cause my bike to shake? also, how do you bleed front brakes,1caliper works with foot brake and left side is just the front tire only.what or how do i get the brakes bled.

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
Hi smitt and welcome to the GWOF.

What Wing do you have?

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
When you identify your year/model of Wing the rights folks will offer their help.

In the meantime, are you soaking that caliper with penetrant, which might free it up? Pull on it with a pair of pliers? Brake fluid reservoir full? Regardless of year, it's most likely that the piston is jammed/stuck down/in due to crud. Crud is our common enemy!

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
hello smitt, welcome to GWOF. yes the rotted frame will cause the bike to shake

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from PA. My only other comment on the caliper issue is this.

If you are going to take the time soak it and or work on it. Just get yourself a rebuilding kit and rebuild it. As Tat said crud is an enemy but rebuilding calipers/mastercylinders is easy. We used to do our race cars every year, became Old Hat.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Welcome along smitt. You've already got some good pointers to start with. Good luck with the repair. One more bit of advice: shop manual!

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
If the frame is rusted through, you most likely have serious rust on the calipers also.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Welcome plus one on rebuilding it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts