Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife and I made it out to Calistoga, Ca for a 3 day trip on the Wing this weekend. Daytime temps were in the 70's with night dropping below 50. This is one of our favorite destinations fall-winter. The roads were beautiful and variety of cuisine and wine second to none. My wife managed to pack 125 lbs of clothing, etc into the three compartments with one large bag on the luggage rack! Its time to fabricate a trailer.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Looks like the " Grapes of Wrath " gone pleasure. Come spring I'll requite the flavor here with a little trip to a Virginia Winery.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Nice picture Dook, Glad you & the missus had a good time.

All you will get from a trailer is more stuff. Rien in the packing.:D:D:D

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Soooo many grapes, soooo little time. Beam me there Scotty!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only had the left sidesaddle bag for my stuff. Needless to say, I was a bit cold at night without my jacket. The trailer will be nice to be able to haul souvenirs, my clothing, food, wine, guns, tent, sleeping bag, hiking gear, and more of her stuff.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dookoo:

Would you mind sharing more details on your favorite route(s)? My wife and I have flown down to SF few times and rented a mustang convertible to tour the Napa Valley. And we drove my Harley down a few years ago to drive Big Sir.

Now that I traded the HD for my GW, I promised my wife we would return. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Rick

BTW 10-4 on only the left side saddle bag being for the front seat. Hence 2 sets of Gerbing jacket liners and gloves :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dookoo:

Would you mind sharing more details on your favorite route(s)? My wife and I have flown down to SF few times and rented a mustang convertible to tour the Napa Valley. And we drove my Harley down a few years ago to drive Big Sir.

Now that I traded the HD for my GW, I promised my wife we would return.
There are so many nice roads here. You probably already know Silverado Trail. Next time you plan on coming down, PM me and we can sort out the details. I am near Big Sur as well so 'Let's Ride!'.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fall is best in my opinion because the weather is warm, its during the 'crush', and Autumn colors. We were very lucky to enjoy the area so late in the season.

[/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Great pics. Thanks

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I love living in Calif. so many great area's to ride. And the best part is we can do it all year long.

·
Super Moderator
14,420 Posts
Nice pictures, thanks. We too can ride year round here in the mid-south. A little wet and chilly right now with a front passing through but the sun will be out tomorrow and it will start to warm back up. I'm hoping to ride in your wine country in a few years on a trip to the far west. So many places to go, so little time. Seven more years before retirement.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
This place is beautiful. You are so lucky to be able to make a 3 day trip to a place like this. Thanks for the pics

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
What was totally unexpected were the racing pegs that DF and I recently installed. Being a whole 1 and 1/2 inch taller, i expected more discomfort. Instead, my knees never ached and the ride was much more comfortable. I usually have to stretch my legs out while riding at the hour mark but I noticed I didn't have to the entire 3 day trip. I don't get it, but I'll take it.

pegresize.jpg

My pegs don't scrape anymore but I sure got alot of complaints from my exhaust turn downs.

ResizeExh.jpg

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome pics and nice location :)
From your comment from another post of mine, is it true you do not own a Goldwing? If so, we need to get you on a 'real' bike soon;) And Thank You, Thank You very much!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Dookoo said:
"My pegs don't scrape anymore but I sure got alot of complaints from my exhaust turn downs"
Them turn downs look like they were too long anyway (hehe);)

If the avatar is true blue, looks like our member from India rides a 'blade. If I ever lost my appreciation for the SP2 I'd seriously consider a 1000rr...but I don't see that happening anytime in the next 10-15 years. That would be a hoot, 65-70 years old and still blitzing the sweepers with the young bucks:cool: That's what I love about my rocket...it's the perfect "old guy" bike:p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts