Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my riding buddy and I decided to celebrate his retirement with a 3 day ride up to and around the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia. Left Wed evening after work and put a couple hours under the wheels. Stopped in Ellsworth, ME (Just outside of Acadia Nat. Park)
Up and at it early bur were still on the road for 13 hours getting up onto Cape Bretton. The next day was a glorious ride counterclockwise on the trail. Very little construction this year. 2 Years ago my wife and I rode it clockwise and it was just as beautiful. This was Dave's first time on it. The next morning we left Truro and headed down to Hopewell Rocks (look it up - awesome place!) and then lunch in Alma. Their 28'+ tides are impressive! Met a couple other riders there at the restaurant and the we telling about a ride up in Quebec - the Gaspe loop. Definitely a bucket list ride for me!

We managed to clock about 1500 miles in those three+ days and had a great trip. Haven't down loaded the pics yet so be patient.

Ok - Here are the pics.... I cheated - they are on my Facebook account - didn't have to re-size them.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2046806898011.2104145.1479580759

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Looking forward to the photos. Big miles and big day's and it sounds like you enjoyed it. Eric

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Cape Breton is one of my favorite spots on earth. We bought a place on the Cabot Trail in 2004 and go up there every chance we get. I've yet to ride my Wing up there--it's about 2500 miles each way from our home here in North Texas.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I rode the Cabot Trail with some buddies during the first week of August. We had a great view on the western side of the island and got rain on the eastern side. Still, it was a great ride. It's one of the beautiful places on our planet!

Glad to hear you had a good ride.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Defo on my list of must do's. Can't wait to see the pics!

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Those are some nice pics, Midnightroadie!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts