Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,418 Posts
Ah, Nova Scotia. Another spot for the bucket list. These pictures sure are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Thanks flash, beatiful shots. Must be nice to get out of the animal streets of Montreal and into some refreshing ocean breezes. Don't get me wrong Montreal is a great city, just the traffic is insane to us wide open spaces types.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I love NS,,,,,,,,,,I'm going back there soon....maybe next summer.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
There is one big problem with these two countries we live in (much like Australia too) and that is they are just too doggone big! Need limitless funds and free reign for time...so much to see, so much to do (sigh).

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
When I had plenty of money I had no time....Now that I have plenty of time I have no money,, :confused:

·
Super Moderator
14,418 Posts
I found an article on the Cabot Trail and showed her these pictures. It seemed to work pretty slick as she is very interested in going up there. So, maybe early next September we will head that way. Go figure.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
When I had plenty of money I had no time....Now that I have plenty of time I have no money,, :confused:
I hear ya. I used to have no time but money wasn't an issue. Now I have no time , and no money. Life is so goofy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey Flash: We're probably neigbours. I'm in the west island.

I rode the Cabot trail in 2008, clockwise, then went back in 2009 and did it counter clockwise. You have to do it both directions. It's just as good the second time. Second year we had great weather. We also rode down the east coast of Nova Scotia.

This year we did the Blue Ridge Parkway, down to Deals Gap. Another fantastic ride. Going to N.H. this weekend, check out the turning of the leaves. Hope it stops raining, we're going anyways.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Horgie

Maybe we can meet one time and have a coffee at tim's on st-charles and talk about motorcycles.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Flash that would be great to meet another winger. I live less than a mile from St Charles. I also belong to the CMC 044 and we generally get together Tues evenings, and Sat mornings at Timmies by the Colisee I'm the only one with a wing in the group.

I'm retired so I'm off quite a bit in the day time as well.

Hope to get together soon, maybe after this weekend trip to N.H.

Horgie

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hogie, shure, just give me a shout, maybe go for a short ride before the bikes hibernate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
nice photography> I live here and ride an old classic 1100 interstate on the Trail. If anyone needs local knowledge on this world class cruise I'll br happy to do what I can
oldmedic

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Hey Flash: We're probably neigbours. I'm in the west island.

I rode the Cabot trail in 2008, clockwise, then went back in 2009 and did it counter clockwise. You have to do it both directions. It's just as good the second time. Second year we had great weather. We also rode down the east coast of Nova Scotia.

This year we did the Blue Ridge Parkway, down to Deals Gap. Another fantastic ride. Going to N.H. this weekend, check out the turning of the leaves. Hope it stops raining, we're going anyways.

It's supposed to clear in this area Fri. afternoon ( 20 mi from N. Conway NH) . Where are you going in NH ?? Maybe I could buy you a coffee.......

·
Registered
77 Posts
Actually we are going to be staying in Jackson, just north of North Conway. We're leaving Montreal tomorrow a.m. and hope to be there early afternoon. I'm glad to hear that it is clearing down your way, as it has been raining like crazy all day here. I imagine it will clear later in the morning tomorrow.

we'll be with four other couples, so I'm not sure exactly what the plans are, but we will be riding both Sat & Sun. I'm the only
GW, but the others are great people, even if they do ride H.D's. Sooner or later they will see the light.

I've never rode in Maine, but if you can suggest a scenic road etc, please do. Just looked at Bridgeton on the map, not far at all.

Horgie

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Budoka, yes Australia is a big country and if you ever get the chance to come Down Under let me know so I can take some leave and show you arround. I know we have some members here on the east coast that could help with local knowledge on their side of Australia. Wait for our $ to go down again. That goes for all of those up north. I only wish that we had plan to go this year while our $ is up. But I am getting the money together.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
horgie, be sure to ride the Kangamangus Highway, just south of N.conway. It's 30 mi of beautiful country. Other than that any of the notches in the area are nice,,,,and there's plenty of shopping in N. Conway for the girls. Have a great trip and be safe.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts