Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow motorcycle enthusiast! Long time no see so I thought I would pop in and say hi.
And also bring with me gifts! Well not so much a gift but rather something interesting I did with my bike that owners of all brands will enjoy.
Soooooooo....I was not impressed with the sound system on the Harley Ultra. Coming from a GL1800 and being use to the better than average audio on the Goldwing, I longed for more sound on the Harley.

So I started shopping for components and last Thursday, I started an Epic 6 day adventure installing a 1200 watt sound system that consisted of a Pioneer 7" flip up LCD Head unit, Two 600 watt Alpine PDX-F6 amplifiers, 4 Polk MM6501 component 6.5" speakers, 4 Polk MM691 6x9 component speakers.

Needless to say, I have now, one of the loudest, cleanest sounding systems I have ever heard on a motorcycle.
And I thought my friends over here on the Goldwing forums would appreciate getting to see it.

Here is a little youtube video i shot after I got it all buttoned back up, enjoy!

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
Pretty cool install Buzzy, good to 'hear' from you again! You're going to need some louder pipes now though; sound system's gonna drown out that potato, potato chuff sound of that Vee motor;)

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
Neat Buzz, thanks for checking in.

·
Premium Member
24,122 Posts
Surprised you said that , Buzzy. I found the stock Harmon Kadron radio on the Ultra superior in sound compared to my Wing. I know it's my hearing, or lack thereof. That is a thing of beauty ! I can only imagine what Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-flat major, Op. 73 sounds like. Here's a gift in return . Enjoy good buddy .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.