Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow motorcycle enthusiast! Long time no see so I thought I would pop in and say hi.
And also bring with me gifts! Well not so much a gift but rather something interesting I did with my bike that owners of all brands will enjoy.
Soooooooo....I was not impressed with the sound system on the Harley Ultra. Coming from a GL1800 and being use to the better than average audio on the Goldwing, I longed for more sound on the Harley.

So I started shopping for components and last Thursday, I started an Epic 6 day adventure installing a 1200 watt sound system that consisted of a Pioneer 7" flip up LCD Head unit, Two 600 watt Alpine PDX-F6 amplifiers, 4 Polk MM6501 component 6.5" speakers, 4 Polk MM691 6x9 component speakers.

Needless to say, I have now, one of the loudest, cleanest sounding systems I have ever heard on a motorcycle.
And I thought my friends over here on the Goldwing forums would appreciate getting to see it.

Here is a little youtube video i shot after I got it all buttoned back up, enjoy!

· Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Pretty cool install Buzzy, good to 'hear' from you again! You're going to need some louder pipes now though; sound system's gonna drown out that potato, potato chuff sound of that Vee motor;)

· Administrator
29,747 Posts
Neat Buzz, thanks for checking in.

· Premium Member
24,819 Posts
Surprised you said that , Buzzy. I found the stock Harmon Kadron radio on the Ultra superior in sound compared to my Wing. I know it's my hearing, or lack thereof. That is a thing of beauty ! I can only imagine what Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-flat major, Op. 73 sounds like. Here's a gift in return . Enjoy good buddy .

· Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Surprised you said that , Buzzy. I found the stock Harmon Kadron radio on the Ultra superior in sound compared to my Wing. I know it's my hearing, or lack thereof. That is a thing of beauty ! I can only imagine what Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-flat major, Op. 73 sounds like. Here's a gift in return . Enjoy good buddy .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYkd_3q3IfU&feature=related
Hey Chop ole buddy!
Maybe you can hear that for your self some day if you ever venture into South Texas!
And you'll be pleased to know that even though those Polk's sound dang good, i want even cleaner sound. I purchased a set of Boston Acoustics SPZ-60 speakers to replace the Polk's in the upper fairing. That fairing is basically like a big car door and the Polk's tend to bottom out and distort long before the rest of the system reaches that point.
I can drive all the other speakers @ full 150 watts with no distortion. But the upper fairing speaker I have the gain set to about 60% of what the others are running.
The Boston's have a full 1" excursion witch is a LOT for a 6.5" speaker and they are made to be driven hard in an open enclosure.

I can only imagine what Beethoven would sound like with the Boston's and if it is as good as I am hoping, I will buy another set for the lowers!
With the addition of the SPZ-60's, I have about $3500 into the system......lol. I could have added 50 hp and a paint job for that much coin!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.