Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to Goldwings, and really considering one for my next bike. Have 10 to 15K that I can work with and see possibilities in the 2002 through maybe 2007 or 2008 range. Live in Reno, and willing to travel to get a bike and ride it home. I would appreciate any ideas and thoughts I should be considering. Had a couple of Harleys, rode an old 1100rt home from Arizona. Looking at this to be the only bike for long weekends mostly some longer trips. Just discovered this forum and will be reviewing it a lot, looks many experienced and sensible riders here,
Thanks.
Rich

·
Super Moderator
12,304 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,515 Posts
Welcome Nevadarich. Maintenance records are a real plus, and a good thorough visual; remove the sidecovers and possibly the seat and just see if the bike's been kept clean under/behind those parts. Neglect there can mean neglect elsewhere. If the bike's been ridden often and regularly maintenance done, it should be good to go.

·
Premium Member
16,688 Posts
Welcome Nevadarich. Maintenance records are a real plus, and a good thorough visual; remove the sidecovers and possibly the seat and just see if the bike's been kept clean under/behind those parts. Neglect there can mean neglect elsewhere. If the bike's been ridden often and regularly maintenance done, it should be good to go.
+1 on the above.:)

·
Administrator
29,082 Posts
The helpful experience is very much appreciated!!

Rich
Rich the only thing I can add that the guys haven't touched on is this.

Take your time & look. You will find that there are plenty of good used Wings out there. I always subscribe to the theory that when you find the right one you will hear it singing the "Ride Me" song.

As always this is just one Ole Fossil's opinion.

Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
We welcome you sir. The wealth of information on this sitte is awesome ! Good luck with your search. One thing about this site is we love pictures:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.