Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I, am looking to buy my first Goldwing, i have looked at two different one one is a 1997 1500 Goldwing, with about 41,000 mile. they are asking 6,999. it seem a little high.
the other one is a 1989 1500 he is asking 3,700 obo. the question on this bike is the miles it has 110,000 miles. he said that the eng. has been worked on. is 110,000 to many miles?

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello chapmcc, welcome to GWOF. have you checked to see what other wings in your area are going for? yes i would pay $7000 for the '97 but make him an offer he can only say no and it might get him to lower his price

·
Registered
455 Posts
I, am looking to buy my first Goldwing, i have looked at two different one one is a 1997 1500 Goldwing, with about 41,000 mile. they are asking 6,999. it seem a little high.
the other one is a 1989 1500 he is asking 3,700 obo. the question on this bike is the miles it has 110,000 miles. he said that the eng. has been worked on. is 110,000 to many miles?
Offer $6500.00 for the 97 if has been properly maintained, you will be much better off in the long run. ;)

Owners tend to add for the price of extras. Generally speaking, if you are working with a dealer and you own the bike, you will eat the cost of all the hang on, glued on and bolted on GOOOOOOOOOODIES.

No doubt you would be in a better position to negotiate if there was a few inches of snow and ice on the ground. Sunshine tends to make the prices of these two wheel toys rise.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
KBB retail is about $6,700 for an SE model. So his price is in the ballpark. Check it out and if you see something it needs (like tires) then offer about $500 less and see if he bites.

As far as which bike to buy, obviously the one newer and with less miles should theoretically give you more years of trouble free riding, but don't be afraid of Wings with over 100k on the clock. Those 1500 have been known to go over 200k with regular maint. Good luck and let us know how you make out..

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I have to agree on what's been said above. Negotiating is part of the game, and yes, see if there are any items requiring attention on either bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
buying first Goldwing

I my past posting I was asking about two different bikes. will I find a new one which I am going to buy. it is a 1999 Goldwing A it only has 33K and is will keep. and believe if or not is is less the the others. they are asking 6,499. I think this is a good price. what do you out there think God Bless on you and your familys.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me!! I wouldn't wait to long before making a decision, someone else may like it even better. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Good Goldwings are purchased quickly. The one I have now was put on the sales floor 15 minutes before I got there and I put a deposit on it immediately.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts