Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helo everyone, i'd like to fly to USA and buy myself a GW and then ship it home, does anyone know if this is possible and possible a dealer/person that would be able to help with this ?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
http://www.transportreviews.com/company/goldwing-auto-carriers.asp

I entered "how to ship a bike overseas" in a search engine. The link above was an example.

I don't have first hand knowledge but would guess you will have to start here. I would decide where I was going to buy like California (as they have shipping to and from Asia) and look for a shipper who specializes in vehicles. A professional would know about draining fluids etc to ship.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
This is some of the things you need to think about. Check with what the requirement that you need to meet in Hong Kong in regards to specification with noise and air polution. In South Australia we can import a wing up to June 1988 and it comes in as a classic and only has to meet a road worthy. The important thing is to have all the paper work with it and the frame and engine number match. The bike must be absolutely spotless with no dirt or plant material and all oils etc drained which the shipping company will do. Plan to end up where the shipping company export from in the USA. For us that will be from Portland. There is a company called Motorbike Express. They can offer Roadside Assistance, Travel Medical, Cancellations, Medical Evacuations. Their web is www.motorcyleexpress.com. Start planning your trip carefully there sooooo much to see Eric

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Check things like container insurance and damage liability as well. Any reputable shipper should have that covered, but you never know.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you are coming to the west coast, you might try Huntington Beach Honda. I believe they have done something similar to this for a guy in Europe, I think. Send me a pm and I will make a couple calls and find out more.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Have a read on this site. This guy took his beloved Goldwing around the world and did a lot of shipping as well, interesting read

www.wheezyrider.com/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems there are some restrictions when exporting a GW but Huntington Beach Honda tell me it can be done so the ball is rolling now :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all, well things are going good, got in touch with someone at Huntington Beach Honda,he is sourcing the bike for me and will handle the shipping too, thanks for the help!

·
Registered
174 Posts
All I did was put Mulder in contact with someone I thought could help him. Hope this all works out well in the end. Isn't helping eachother what this forum is all about?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts